Kia Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Car is ready! Oh boy do I feel a bit annoyed. My girlfriend is sick as a dog with the flu. Service Adviser calls, "Can you come pick up the Sportage" I call to check with gf, she can't do it, wants to keep loaner the weekend to clean out her stuff when she feels better and give it back the way we got it. Call SA, he's ok with it. Few minutes later get a call back, they need the loaner back today, they promised it to someone else. I can't do before the dealer closes, my gf can't because she's sick. Now the shoe is on the other foot and they want THEIR car back. Keep in mind every time I call her, I wake her up and she's pissed.

I think you see where my annoyance comes from. I decided to sign out of my PT at the gym so I can go pick up this god damn car. This thing better be spotless and full of gas.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
636 Posts
Personally, I would have told the dealership their car is infected with the Coronavirus....come and get it!
I really hope this is the end of the ordeal!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I'm satisfied to report the car was detailed inside and out, very well I might add. Had new wipers installed, a full tank of gas AND they didn't forget to update the oil change sticker! I'm impressed.

Car feels normal, however it started a little weird this morning, chugged a bit, then increased revs to 2K and then slowly retracted as it warmed up. I've experienced that before with other GDI's but only when the intakes were starting to carbon up. May have been a fluke.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
636 Posts
New motor needs at least 1k miles break in. Dump oil at 2k and start with good quality full synthetic. Good luck!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I forgot to update this. Kia offered us a Type 3 service for the trouble. While a nice gesture, I didn't immediately accept and told them I'd get back to them. I don't feel that's justification for 6 months of unreliable service from a new vehicle.

·
Registered
636 Posts
It beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!
What else are you thinking about?
How about a years supply of TP.....In very short supply in the US right now.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts