Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sportage SX 4 door SUV AWD
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my Kia used a month ago. I have an appointment to have this checked out but it is two weeks away and this is driving me nuts. After turning on car, it goes through a system check, no alarms or warning lights. But I put it in gear, either R or D, and a very loud constant alarm comes on and the dash lights up with a diagram of car with the R passenger fender indicated. If I don't do anything, after about a minute, a flashing yellow triangle with exclamation mark comes on with flashing arrows pointing to the R.

The alarm stays on as I start to drive. If I stop again before getting to speed (like a parking lot) it will continue to sound. It only stops after I get going a bit, then it stays off until the next time I turn the car on.

The only thing I've tried is putting air in, since I thought it might be the LTP indicator, but it was fine.

Any thoughts of what it is trying to tell me? I've spend a long time going through the manual and I can't find it. (I can upload a video if it helps!)

Thanks,

Mary

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,511 Posts
I just bought my Kia used a month ago. I have an appointment to have this checked out but it is two weeks away and this is driving me nuts. After turning on car, it goes through a system check, no alarms or warning lights. But I put it in gear, either R or D, and a very loud constant alarm comes on and the dash lights up with a diagram of car with the R passenger fender indicated. If I don't do anything, after about a minute, a flashing yellow triangle with exclamation mark comes on with flashing arrows pointing to the R.

The alarm stays on as I start to drive. If I stop again before getting to speed (like a parking lot) it will continue to sound. It only stops after I get going a bit, then it stays off until the next time I turn the car on.

The only thing I've tried is putting air in, since I thought it might be the LTP indicator, but it was fine.

Any thoughts of what it is trying to tell me? I've spend a long time going through the manual and I can't find it. (I can upload a video if it helps!)

Thanks,

Mary
Are you sure that the stop and turn signal bulbs are good on the passenger rear? Just a guess, but check them....

Reactions: Lou O.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
1,376 Posts
Have someone help you check all the brake lights and turn signal lights while you activate them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts