Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is just over 50,000 miles I have already replaced the drivers side window motor two months ago as I took it to a Kia Service Department and they said it needed to be replaced and not covered by warranty. NOW the Passenger Side and one of the back windows do not work. I really do not want to take it back to the dealer for them to tell me these motors also need to be replaced and charge another $600 bucks. Is there anything else I should be looking at? Seems extreme for three power window motors to go out within two months of each other, without that many miles on the damn car.

·
Registered
2018 Sportage EX
168 Posts
5/60 'bumper-to-bumper' warranty did not cover window motors? I agree, it is too coincidental - might be a fuse.
Wouldn't a fuse affect all of them? Maybe not if the fuse bus is bundled with other items like <dome light+pass rear window+rear usb> is one circuit.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sportage SX AWD and 1988 Mercedes 300CE
319 Posts
There is just over 50,000 miles I have already replaced the drivers side window motor two months ago as I took it to a Kia Service Department and they said it needed to be replaced and not covered by warranty. NOW the Passenger Side and one of the back windows do not work. I really do not want to take it back to the dealer for them to tell me these motors also need to be replaced and charge another $600 bucks. Is there anything else I should be looking at? Seems extreme for three power window motors to go out within two months of each other, without that many miles on the damn car.
I'm assuming that you have tried both the master (driver's door switches) and the individual specific door switches, to ensure that it's not a switch issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts