Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a text from the salesperson that the Sportage EX has more dampening to make it a quieter cabin than the LX. I found the LX to be pretty quiet except for the high-pitched whine I'm hearing. Does anyone know if this is correct? I thought the EX was just higher interior appointments like leather, safety things like blind spot, etc. and a very confusing 7" screen ... So, is there more tech and more dampening for sound? Or just more tech?
Thanks in advance. We're trying to find a deal in our market and it isn't easy. And I need to figure out if I am wasting my time on the LX if they all have that whine when driving especially in stop and go traffic. It was maddening.

·
Registered
2017 Sportage LX
52 Posts
I have a 17 l x and it doesn't have any wine. It is a very quiet car and I have had no problems with it whatsoever. I find the LX has everything you need in a car that is priced like this one. I have never needed any of the higher Tech items. I actually love my car. I don't think there's any sound dampening difference between the higher-tech models and I don't find anything confusing about the 7in screen it works perfect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you don't experience this noise? Take a listen just to make sure you follow what I'm asking. That's great to know and encouraging.Yes, the LX is the one that isn't confusing. Perfectly.

PS We thought it was a very quiet and nice ride. Until we noticed that high pitched noise on that particular car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 17 l x and it doesn't have any wine. It is a very quiet car and I have had no problems with it whatsoever. I find the LX has everything you need in a car that is priced like this one. I have never needed any of the higher Tech items. I actually love my car. I don't think there's any sound dampening difference between the higher-tech models and I don't find anything confusing about the 7in screen it works perfect.
Good for you. We had to walk away. When we compared the EX 7 inch with the Ford Escape, as soon as that one came up we both went, "ah.... this is much easier." While my partner was driving, I was able to figure everything out in about 15 minutes. I sat at the Kia dealership for that long trying to figure out how to change from Satellite to Radio :) And the salesman and I started cracking up trying to get the Voice Command to understand either of us ... yelling, mumbling, talking in English accents, she kept saying "I don't understand"... it was very funny. I felt bad for the guy because he really was trying his best. And he was a great salesperson, very low key. Just couldn't get anything to work for us. And, I wanted blind spot and rear cross traffic because we're "over 60" and were able to get everything, including the power lift, heated seats and the other stuff on the Escape for $3k less than the Sportage LX (about same mileage: 21K) Yes, it doesn't have the great warranty but I'll put that money in savings and if I need it, it's there! I enjoyed the LX and will perhaps do a trade on my 2015 Sonata some day for one. Don't need to right now, as that car only has 34K on it (2015) and is paid off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts