Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage AWD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Occasionally when I get in and start my car the seat back, on the front drivers side seat, moves all the way forward on its own. I don't have any settings that tell it to do this and it is not all the time. Has anyone ever experienced this issue?

Thanks
Wendy

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,108 Posts
Could your seat belt occasionally be stuck on the seat controls and when you get in the car it pushes the lever back???????

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage AWD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
🤔 don't think so. Im pretty diligent about making sure the seatbelt is retracted when I get out. It annoys me if it hangs and the door slams on it. But I will pay closer attention to that possibility.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
878 Posts
Rent the movie 'Christene' by Steven King.....then you will understand! ;)

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,108 Posts
🤔 don't think so. Im pretty diligent about making sure the seatbelt is retracted when I get out. It annoys me if it hangs and the door slams on it. But I will pay closer attention to that possibility.
Look also if the switch has something blocking it or if it is after you put on your seat belt, it gets stuck at that point. Does your car have ghosts? If so, other strange things will happen as well...

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage AWD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honestly, I think it does. Not that I believe in that crap...but yeah there's some weird gremlin stuff that happens with the stereo and the Bluetooth. Time to trade it in methinks.

·
Registered
2016 Rio SX Hatch
324 Posts
We have 50KM on our 2017 Sportage EX and no problems, so I don't know what to tell you. Sounds weird, I'd suggest perhaps a trip to the dealer, no ?

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
878 Posts
If you can duplicate the issue take it to a dealership and show them. Its still under warranty and Kia's problem!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts