Kia Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento SX, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Tech pkg. Former 2014 Kia Rondo EX Luxury,
323 Posts
So i just received my AAWireless unit over the weekend. This is a very polished unit. It's about 2" square and .5" thick; comes with an appropriate usb cable.

While I was hoping for a pure plug and play solution, I wouldn't have been surprised if it wasn't completely - because , well, it's an after market box.

To my pleasant surprise, I plugged in the unit and after booting up, it had acquired my phone (pixel 4a 5G). All totaled the entire initial setup took about 3 painless minutes.

The next day, I checked to see how quickly the unit would start up from a cold start. Within 15-20 seconds ( maybe less) I had AA on the radio.

I'm quite happy with this product - it solves my charging issue while using AA and helps reduce some cable clutter.
Hey....any chance you can provide some pics? I'm interested in this too but have not ordered anything. Really glad that it worked out of the box for you, especially considering its such a new unit.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento EX V6
18 Posts
I was one of the early adopters. Once you get your shipping notice, be patient - mine took 25 days. Your time might be shorter depending on where it enters the US. But so far I love this thing! Pics to follow

·
Registered
2016 sorento ex v6 awd wisconsin
59 Posts
Looks like a nice quality heavy braided cord.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento SX, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Tech pkg. Former 2014 Kia Rondo EX Luxury,
323 Posts
Looks like a nice quality heavy braided cord.
Good to see. A lot of AA complaints involve cheap cables, IMO.

I have some braided Anker cables that work flawlessly. I would get the shortest I could for this application, or perhaps (a better idea) would be a longer one so that the unit can be hidden away in the centre console. The 2020 has a small gap that would allow the cable to be routed into the armrest centre console. You could route the cable along teh side of the pass seat and then into the console if the range is good enough.

·
Registered
2020 Sorento SX, 3.3L AWD
510 Posts
Still waiting for my AA unit to come, but I like the looks of it. I'm hoping it'll work as well as it has for others, I have the Galaxy S21 G5 phone, should be compatible.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX Turbo AWD (sold)
835 Posts
I contributed to this campaign mid February. Hope to get mine later this month.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I think you're hopelessly optimistic. ;) I contributed on Dec 10, 2020, and I seriously doubt from the announcements that I've seen that I'll get mine before May. Their latest shipments put me 3,000 units out from what has been shipped.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX Turbo AWD (sold)
835 Posts
Well if I had ordered it 10 years ago and still hadn't received it I would be more pessimistic. ;)

·
Registered
510 Posts
That's why I'm so pessimistic! :p:p
I fixed that to be less pessimistic. ;)

61 - 70 of 70 Posts