Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorento SXL AWD V6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the double post - new forum user and apparently can't post and allow replies without adding a few things to my profile.

So this just recently started. The auto leveling goes through the motions when the lights turn on but the final resting place is in the full up position. Can the sensor be reset? If so, how? More importantly, if I need to replace it, where is it located?

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai ix35 AWD CRDi
464 Posts
John, what's the warranty period on the Sorento? Otherwise you may need dealer diagnostics to fault find it or start the parts cannon. It could be that the sensors on the suspension could have an issue or the connections. They'd be fairly vulnerable under the car to salt and corrosion if there was any ingress. With a deeper level scan tool it may be able to access live data to see what the AFLS module is seeing and doing.

I'm out of warranty unfortunately. So if I am looking at this correctly, there are two sensors, front and rear - are they both located under the car and accessible? As for the 3rd picture - 3rd module located?

I wonder if if a ODBC scan tool would be able to pull the info.
Basic scan tool won't do anything, it's a hyundai/kia specific module so it's going to be a deeper level tool that most people would not have or can afford. I'd start with the basics and check out connectors and condition , etc. They'll be under the car off the arms or sway bars I think. You'll see them once you look. I have not found the box location but since it's inside the car and the lamps go through their self test it likely not the issue, Those sensors are likely just a potentiometer
buried behind the dash, behind the glove box for you I'd say which can be removed to open that space up

View attachment 120741

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Gerard 2, had no idea there were two sensors tied to the suspension. Had assumed it was some type of stand alone unit. Appreciate all the detail!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it appears the plastic end cap broke off. Any idea if that can be bought seperate?
Metal Plumbing fixture Composite material Household hardware Camera accessory

1 - 5 of 5 Posts