Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorento SX FWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Miami, FL!

I've been looking for a Sorento for a few months now and just found one that is perfect. It is a 2017 Sorento SX FWD. The only thing that it is missing, unfortunately, is the Surround View Monitor feature which I am very fond of. I was wondering if it is possible to install the components needed to have that feature. Has anyone here done this? Where would I have to look to find the parts? Is it a hassle to install it yourself? Is it "plug and play"? Would a KIA Dealer install it? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX-V6
152 Posts
I didn't know that you can get a Sorento SX FWD ? Do you mean a 360 view monitor ? It's only the SXL that have this option

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorento SX FWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't know that you can get a Sorento SX FWD ? Do you mean a 360 view monitor ? It's only the SXL that have this option
Yea, I have the FWD. I didn't think I would need the AWD in Florida😅.

Yes! The 360 view Monitor. I know that the SXLs have them though I was just wondering if I bought the OEM mirrors and grill with the cameras included, would it be a plug and play matter(I do have the 8in touch screen). I was hoping that there might be a way to unlock this feature in the radio settings (the settings that require a code).

I did call Kia Motors and they gave me a generic response advising me not to make any aftermarket changes🙄.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX
6 Posts
I have the 360 view monitor on my 2019 SX (with Touring package) also. I am not sure if you can install it on an older year vehicle. Did you check with your dealer yet?

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorento SX FWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the 360 view monitor on my 2019 SX (with Touring package) also. I am not sure if you can install it on an older year vehicle. Did you check with your dealer yet?
Not Yet. I'll try to call them this week. Thank you!

·
Registered
Sorento FL Diesel 2.2
11 Posts
When I first owned the car I had the intention to install aftermarket 360 cam too, but after a while I got used to the dimension and life goes on without it ever since :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts