1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From another forum (hopefully it's allowed to do this):

2017 Kia Sorento Release Date, Colors, Changes

2017 Sorento release date:

Kia has yet to officially announce the official launch date of their midsize sporty utility vehicle.

While not confirmed yet, it is highly-likely that the Korean automaker will reveal first details about the 2017 model year changes during the upcoming New York Auto Show in April.
The other possible debut date is the L.A. auto show in November this year, however, we doubt that Kia would wait so long with the release of the 2017 Sorento AWD.

Dealership arrival
The 2017 model year Sorento SUV should arrive to your local Kia store in the second half of this year, while the exact on sale date of the 2017 Sorento have yet to be determined.

2017 Kia Sorento changes
Kia’s large SUV has been given a major styling makeover about a year ago, so we are not expecting to see major changes on the 2017 model.

The exterior design, as well as the interior, will stay intact and Kia will not perform any mechanical upgrades for the upcoming model year.

2017 Kia Sorento colors
There are a couple of things that Kia will upgrade on the 2017 Sorrento and those are the trim levels and exterior color options.

Kia Sorento color range may get a minor expansion with Kia adding one or two more paint shades to the SUVs color palette.

Things have yet to be confirmed, but Kia usually refreshes the colors after a couple of years on the market.

New Sorento hybrid / specs
There have been some talk about the Sorento getting a hybrid drivetrain in 2017 or 2018, however, we do not have any confirmation from Kia staff.

The engine range and specs + transmissions will not be changed!

Pricing
It’s still too early to speculate on the 2017 Sorento prices. We do not expect major increases in MSRP, though.

As already mentioned, the existing trim levels (L, LX, EX, SX, SX Limited) may be slightly upgraded to offer even more bang for the buck!

Reviews
Expect the 2017 Sorento reviews to start hitting the world wide web shortly after its inaugural US market launch later this year.

Source: kia-world.net

·
Registered
226 Posts
No big surprises there. You usually get a major refresh after 2-3 years or half way through the product cycle. I'd be interested in a hybrid if they ever bring one out, as long as it provides a significant fuel economy boost.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The tech package needs to be STANDARD on the SX-L. When you look at the Optima and Sportage, you get everything on those SX-L models. It's ridiculous that you have to spend more money to get for example, HIDs after you already ponied up for the Limited. I think Kia wanted to test the waters, to see how much they get charge for this car since SUVs are so hot these days. Now, the Limiteds all have $3000 lease cash on their hoods (which we took advantage of). Maybe, if the Limited models had no options, they wouldn't need incentives to move them all. Most of the dealers I visited all had a bunch sitting on their lots- the V6 is especially expensive. Shoot, my car was built in March 2015 and I didn't buy it until Jan 28th 2016.

Also, they need to give US models DRLs, this makes no sense. More color options for the SX-Ls should also be included and maybe so new leather color options like a brown or saddle. The all black interior of my car is pretty ominous (the Merlot was darn near impossible to find with the tech package, which was weird).

·
Registered
187 Posts
The Sorento SX-L definitely needs to add LED DRL's, another interior color choice (I like your brown/saddle idea) and autonomous emergency braking (like the Sportage/Tucson have). And of cource more HP or more gears in the transmission would help too!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Now, the Limiteds all have $3000 lease cash on their hoods (which we took advantage of).
Hi,

That is a lot of lease-cash. Can you share your lease info; if it was for 24 or 36 month, 10K or 12K miles/year, the Money Factor, the residual?

Were there any other incentives available?

Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

That is a lot of lease-cash. Can you share your lease info; if it was for 24 or 36 month, 10K or 12K miles/year, the Money Factor, the residual?

Thanks.
Back in January, the MF .00010 and residual 53% with $3k lease cash for 36m/12k. Those were the numbers on my deal and that offer ended 2/29.

Current offer expires 5/2. $5500 cash for 24m, $3000 cash for 36 and 48m. $1500 for 39 months. Not sure if MF and residual have remained the same though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Current offer expires 5/2. $5500 cash for 24m, $3000 cash for 36 and 48m. $1500 for 39 months. Not sure if MF and residual have remained the same though.
Thank you. Very nice. I'm guessing the 2017 arrive in May, w reduced Lease Cash. Hoping for a light colored headliner in the SX and Limited trims.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thank you. Very nice. I'm guessing the 2017 arrive in May, w reduced Lease Cash. Hoping for a light colored headliner in the SX and Limited trims.
No problem. I'm sure they will expand the color offerings either for '17 or 18'. That's the one reason I considered the hideous Murano. I liked the airiness of it's interior a little better (the brown Mocha color), but man is that thing ugly on the outside. The wife would have been cool with it, but I wash all the cars and no way would I have looked forward to cleaning that beast.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi,

Thanks.
The edmunds forums usually has someone who will give you the current incentives/etc. You tell them what you want (which trim level, etc.) the term, and where you live at (varies by region). They can provide you the MF/residual/etc.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool post. thank you
You're welcome. I'm hoping they add Android auto/Carplay support. My only "want" that's missing is remote start via cell phone like Hyundai's BluLink or the Ford Edge.

I put my car buying on hold until this coming Nov. because I was waiting for the 2016 Ford Edge (2015 has some QA/body issues, and the 2016 has Sync3 with Android Auto and Carplay coming soon).

And the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport (supposedly getting Android Auto, not sure about Carplay).

Then I'll re-test drive the 3 and try to figure out which one.

I'd say that for last year's models the 2015 Edge/2016 Sorento were closest in ride quality/etc. (and price). Santa Fe is good, but stiffer ride, slightly noisier too. But not sure if $7500 more is worth it for the Edge/Sorento. Especially with the 2017 Hyundai adding in around view camera, and passenger power seat (raise and lower it), along with a slew of other features, while keeping the price virtually the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts