Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sorento LX 2019 Kia Niro PHEV
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I read the manual and it states I should take the car to the dealership (7-49) to avoid damage. The wiper is only and to come off the glass 30 degrees, other SUV I know that you can raise the wiper to 90 degrees you bend back the wiper to pop it off. I went on a wiper replacement site and it said I have to remove the arm. any suggestion would be appreciated

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento Ex
15 Posts
I have a 16 and I could not find a blade to replace mine other then at Kia. It pops up to 90 degrees to get the blade off, just need to use a bit of force, but none of the 11” blades here would fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0T AWD
1,502 Posts
Ok, I read the manual and it states I should take the car to the dealership (7-49) to avoid damage. The wiper is only and to come off the glass 30 degrees, other SUV I know that you can raise the wiper to 90 degrees you bend back the wiper to pop it off. I went on a wiper replacement site and it said I have to remove the arm. any suggestion would be appreciated
Pull the arm out...it wont brake...It lifts about 90 degrees...i do it all the times when washing mine.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX V6 , 2012 Soul !
680 Posts
I have a 16 and I could not find a blade to replace mine other then at Kia. It pops up to 90 degrees to get the blade off, just need to use a bit of force, but none of the 11” blades here would fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably because it is a 12"? This is the only one I've found that is available in my area without going through Kia

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/trico-exact-fit-12-trico-exact-fit-12-k/11381943-P?navigationPath=L1*14919|L2*14997|L3*15566

·
Registered
2005 Chevy Equinox
141 Posts
I thought I ran across some YouTube video that showed how to do this on a Toyota, but the "arm" mechanism apparently is the same for the Hyundai/Kia.

You have to get just the blade though, I believe, not the wiper arm (like you would for the front). But I could be wrong.

I've not yet done it though, but it looks tricky.

Of course, I didn't save the video link, but I found this for the Hyundai:

And this one for the Sorento:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Para did you figure this out. I have the same car and understand where you are at. The arm won't lift to 90 degrees!

·
Registered
2019 Sorento LX 2019 Kia Niro PHEV
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up trading in the car for 2019 Sorento, and the wiper went 90 degrees it was odd, I'm sorry I could not be more helpful

·
Registered
2016 Sorento LXV6
5 Posts
i found the perfect way to replace the rear wiper save $. the official wiper is 98850-C5100 with prices on ebay ranging $10+. I just bought a $4.xx 12inch no name wiper blade from walmart. Carefully pinch one end of the actual rubber blade so you can pull it out of the metal wiper. Now you have a rubber blade with 2 metal straight edges. On your car, pull up the rear wiper arm , max 30 degrees, now tilt the wiper blade itself to 90 degrees perpendicular to the window. Now firmly pull out the rubber blade like the videos above. Its held on by friction, no push button like the front wipers. if you measure the Kia rubber blade, it is actually almost 12inches. The kia wiper holds the kia rubber blade in place with each end of the wiper having a bent edge to prevent the rubber blade from falling out. Tilt the rubber blade and pull it out. On you new 12 inch rubber blade, use an exacto knife to carefully cut out the 2 stopper bumps on blade that prevents it from sliding. The kia wiper doesn't need it. Now carefully slide your new rubber blade into the KIA wiper. It will fit . If the KIA wiper clamps get out of the rubber track, just use a screwdriver to prop it back into the rubber track. Put the KIA wiper back on your car and test.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento LXV6
5 Posts
actual size of KIA rear rubber blade is 11.75 inches. so a 12 inch wiper will fit..
My 2nd pic is of the wiper going into the wrong rubber trough. use a flat head screw driver to push it back into the trough like i pic 3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts