Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help here on a weird issue I’m having.
My rear passenger side brake light works perfect, center strip and driver side brake lights come on for a second and then go off when I press the brake. Both rear turn indicator lights are stopped working the same day as well. I checked all the bulbs, disconnected the Rh and Lh tail light modules but can’t figure anything out. Only thing I haven’t checked is the trailer wiring harness.
Any tips on what I can look for? Would really appreciate any pointer.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,928 Posts
Only thing I haven’t checked is the trailer wiring harness.
First thing that came to mind when I saw the topic subject.
Do you have anything connected to the factory harness connectors, or spliced in elsewhere? If so, start there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have anything connected to the factory harness connectors, or spliced in elsewhere? If so, start there.
I don’t have anything connected / spliced. The dealer installed the tow hitch / connector ( years ago when I bought it. Planning on disconnecting that today.

hopefully that’s it’s

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,928 Posts
You should find the connectors up behind the driver's side rear tire area. Disconnect, secure them somewhere, and see how it behaves afterward.

And be sure to fill in your trim level + year to your profile before the moderator shuts us down until you do! Want to see you get through this problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts