Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a wheel to be a full size spare. What is the consensus regarding the presence or absence of TPMS?
I see lots of wheels on ebay without tpms for 70-90 USD. If I get one, then I get a flat, I put the spare without tpms on, I get the tire pressure light on the dashboard (since the sensor still reporting to ecu), but otherwise I can drive until I get to town and get the flat repaired/replaced. Right? Wrong? Do I miss anything?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looking to buy a wheel to be a full size spare. What is the consensus regarding the presence or absence of TPMS?
I see lots of wheels on ebay without tpms for 70-90 USD. If I get one, then I get a flat, I put the spare without tpms on, I get the tire pressure light on the dashboard (since the sensor still reporting to ecu), but otherwise I can drive until I get to town and get the flat repaired/replaced. Right? Wrong? Do I miss anything?

There should be no problem with driving around with a tire with no TPMS or a mismatched TPMS. You'll just have an idiot light on the dash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
spitfire_mk_2
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing