Kia Forum banner

2016 Sorento UVO Software

37K views 99 replies 30 participants last post by  missoulamarinerfan 
#1 ·
Have had a lot of requests for the UVO software that I downloaded from Kia. In most cases, people's email inboxes won't accept either an *.exe or a *.zip with an *.exe inside, so I've set up a drop area at Mediafire for those that want to pick it up that way.

The link is https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4ia7f19e3sf84/

If you have any trouble accessing it, please let me know.

#3 ·
I don't understand the question. The software is designed to be run on a Windows PC, and the PC updates your vehicle's SD card.
You go to the link, and it should provide the file for you to download on your PC. Then unzip it and run it.

#7 ·
It is version 16.10.2.0 of the PC tool. It downloads whatever current version is available for the vehicle.

Someone has pointed out that it appears that the filename is a VIN number. I hadn't noticed that before, nor do I recall having to supply a VIN when I got the app from Kia. I will look around more to see if I can find the original link that I used to perform the app download in case that's actually necessary for you folks as well. It's been over a year, so I may not recall this properly.

#8 ·
OK. I found my original link. I had previously gone to www.myuvo.com/ccw/softwareUpdate
I can see the correct landing page with a 'session expired' message, but then I get redirected to the Kia owner's portal, and there's no update stuff there for UVO.
That said, that may just be an old cookie problem on my end. I'd try www.myuvo.com/ccw/softwareUpdate to see if you don't get what you need there if my file doesn't work with other VIN numbers.
I'll see if clearing some history here brings that page back up successfully.

#9 · (Edited)
Another user has pointed out that some of you may not have already set up a UVO account on your smart phone for the first time, or may not have seen the instructions that came with your vehicle at all. As the instructions with the vehicle note, this is NECESSARY if you are trying to update the UVO firmware. If you can get into the www.myuvo.com site, it explains all of that and what I'm going to describe below.

You can get the mobile app at either the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Do that first if you can get into the myuvo site.

Then you need to run that app on your phone and set up an email and password and mobile number. That is the same email and password that you will then use on the UVO site.

You then set up UVO on your vehicle (follow the instructions for IN-CAR UVO SETUP) that the app specifies, turn off the vehicle, and remove the SD card. Then use the PC app to download and install the new UVO firmware (if there is any) to your SD card using your PC.

Last, you put the SD card back into your vehicle and start up the engine. Press SETUP on the head unit, and scroll down to SYSTEM INFO. Note the current firmware version number. Select UPDATE located at the bottom of the screen. DO NOT stop the engine during the update process! It takes about 40 minutes for the update to occur. Good thing gas prices are cheap now, eh?

Once the update is complete, the system will reboot either to a Disclaimer screen or the Home screen. It is normal for the screen to go black several times during this process. You can now go to SYSTEM INFO to confirm that you have a new version of the firmware. Once verified, navigate to CONNECTIVITY in the Setup menu of your head unit. Turn ON 'Enable Android Auto' or turn ON 'Enable Apple CarPlay' (depending on your phone type).

For Android phones, download the Android Auto app from the Play Store and follow instructions for that app.

To reactivate UVO, press the UVO hard key on the head unit, and select Parking Minder.

#10 ·
For what it's worth, to get the Android Auto version update, my firmware was updated to version ST.UM.USA.E512.160627 (dated from 19 July 2016). So I'd expect something in that date range for other 2016 vehicles as well.

Here is another page you might wish to reference https://owners.kia.com/us/en/uvo-availability.html which specifies the following, which gives you some leverage in getting help from Kia. Bold highlight is added by me:

Purchase/lease of a new 2016 Kia Sorento vehicle with UVO eServices includes a complimentary 10 year subscription starting from new vehicle retail sale/lease date as recorded by the dealer. After your complimentary 10 year UVO eServices subscription expires, your access to UVO eServices will immediately terminate. Use of UVO eServices is subject to agreement to the UVO Privacy Policy available at https://owners.kia.com/us/en/privacy-policy.html and Terms of Service available at https://owners.kia.com/us/en/terms-of-service.html. UVO eServices transferrable to subsequent owner during the original UVO eServices service term. Only use UVO eServices when safe to do so. UVO eServices App is available from the App Store® or Google Play™ Store. Kia Motors America, Inc. reserves the right to change or discontinue UVO eServices at any time without prior notification or incurring any future obligation. Message and data rates may apply. Cellular and GPS coverage is required to use most features. UVO eServices features may vary by model, model year, and trim level. Features and specifications are subject to change. For more on details and limitations, visit https://owners.kia.com or your authorized Kia dealer. Google and logos are trademarks of Google, Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc.

#13 ·
That said, with the AC and any exterior lights off, there's no reason that a decent battery won't last 40 minutes. I do frequent WiFi 9GB map updates to my embedded GPS system (another story, unrelated to KIA) that take at least that long using the double press of the button. Just shut down all non-essential power sucking items and the updater will probably not care if the engine is running or not. I'm sure it will complain if it insists on having the engine running.

Is anyone having any luck with the myuvo web site yet?

#16 ·
Pardon the stupid question (I have yet to purchase a Sorento, looking for a 2016) but where is the USB Port located in the car so your phone can communicate with the system? I'm looking forward to using Google Maps on my Samsung Android phone, even if the Sorento has on board navigation.

#18 ·
Does anyone have the instructions on downloading the uvo software on a 2016 Sorento? I downloaded the software (thanks Ecanderson) but nothing happens when I plug in into the Kia. I saw a pdf of the instructions at one time but am not able to find them again. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

#22 ·
I just purchased a 2016 Sorento SX and unfortunately the previous owner did not update the software. I trued myUVO and my Kia and in the end Kia pointed me to mapnsoft to download the upgrade for a fee. It is showing as unavailable.

I just came across this post and downloaded the file. I get an error saying Windows cannot access the specified path. I have a feeling like MyUvo this link is dead too.

Does anyone have any advice? Or should I just head back to the dealer tomorrow and ask for them to update the software?

Thanks!

#23 ·
Are you talking about the link to the file here in the forum from post #21 , or the earlier post with the link to the PC app?
Yes, the UVO site appears to be toast, and Kia needs to explain what the plan is now that the site doesn't work.

#24 ·
ecanderson ... first .. thank you for providing your advice!

I am talking about both .. the PC exe will not connect/download and myUvo is dead. I did hear back from UVO support and said to go to mapnsoft dot com and download it there. When you go there you will see they are charging $145 for the software updates. And on top of that my 2016 Sorento shows as not available. I asked when it would be available and they had no idea

I will call the dealership today to see what they can tell me.

#25 ·
ecanderson ... first .. thank you for providing your advice!

I am talking about both .. the PC exe will not connect/download and myUvo is dead. I did hear back from UVO support and said to go to mapnsoft dot com and download it there. When you go there you will see they are charging $145 for the software updates. And on top of that my 2016 Sorento shows as not available. I asked when it would be available and they had no idea

I will call the dealership today to see what they can tell me.

#27 ·
ecanderson .. I can download the pdf but am not able to download from any of the links. Also .. I did download your exe file but when I run it I get the following error:

Windows Cannot access the specified, device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

Not sure where else to go if exe file will not download and the PDF links are not working.

PS the mapnsoft dot com site has the update listed for $145 but are showing not available for my 2016 sx.

Again ... I appreciate all of your help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.