Kia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Hi, please can you send me link to pdf instructions, thanks
See attached. Apart from that, posts #1 and #9 of this thread are going to have to suffice. I can't find any of the old information online that used to be there. The links in the attached PDF no longer take you to a UVO page. You get redirected to another Kia page.

Again, Kia OWES its owners 10 years per another post on page 1 of this thread. If nothing else, bug your Kia dealer about what they've done with the old MyUVO web page. I'd like to know, too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX
5 Posts
I just purchased a 2016 Sorento SX and unfortunately the previous owner did not update the software. I trued myUVO and my Kia and in the end Kia pointed me to mapnsoft to download the upgrade for a fee. It is showing as unavailable.

I just came across this post and downloaded the file. I get an error saying Windows cannot access the specified path. I have a feeling like MyUvo this link is dead too.

Does anyone have any advice? Or should I just head back to the dealer tomorrow and ask for them to update the software?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Are you talking about the link to the file here in the forum from post #21 , or the earlier post with the link to the PC app?
Yes, the UVO site appears to be toast, and Kia needs to explain what the plan is now that the site doesn't work.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX
5 Posts
ecanderson ... first .. thank you for providing your advice!

I am talking about both .. the PC exe will not connect/download and myUvo is dead. I did hear back from UVO support and said to go to mapnsoft dot com and download it there. When you go there you will see they are charging $145 for the software updates. And on top of that my 2016 Sorento shows as not available. I asked when it would be available and they had no idea

I will call the dealership today to see what they can tell me.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX
5 Posts
ecanderson ... first .. thank you for providing your advice!

I am talking about both .. the PC exe will not connect/download and myUvo is dead. I did hear back from UVO support and said to go to mapnsoft dot com and download it there. When you go there you will see they are charging $145 for the software updates. And on top of that my 2016 Sorento shows as not available. I asked when it would be available and they had no idea

I will call the dealership today to see what they can tell me.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX
5 Posts
ecanderson .. I can download the pdf but am not able to download from any of the links. Also .. I did download your exe file but when I run it I get the following error:

Windows Cannot access the specified, device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

Not sure where else to go if exe file will not download and the PDF links are not working.

PS the mapnsoft dot com site has the update listed for $145 but are showing not available for my 2016 sx.

Again ... I appreciate all of your help!

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL V6
11 Posts
Sounds like an issue with file downloaded or perhaps Antivirus blocked the file. Can you attach a screenshot of the error? Maybe that will help. I work in IT so I can help with these issues. Try disabling your AV.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX
5 Posts
Sounds like an issue with file downloaded or perhaps Antivirus blocked the file. Can you attach a screenshot of the error? Maybe that will help. I work in IT so I can help with these issues. Try disabling your AV.
Man.. I swear I had turned off the antivirus .. but obviously did not!!! It is downloading as we speak.

Thank you ecanderson and Fastrabbit!

·
Registered
Sorento 2016 SX V6
15 Posts
Mapsoft updates are now "in stock"

Mapsoft updates are apparently now available. Question is if they will include firmware needed for Android Auto. Tried loading Anderson's file to my sd card and got message "your software is up to date".

·
Registered
Sorento 2016 SX V6
2 Posts
Am I too late? I tried download update. but I've got only error message about "there's a bad server or network connection..." Is there other way to download UVO update for free?

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
@yhjang
Unless you are saying that you've done what I'm about to say below (in which case, I need to know about that for sure)...

Look at earlier posts for a Mediafire link to the *.exe needed for the PC that should grab a copy of the firmware from the UVO site, even though the UVO site is broken on the web.

·
Registered
Sorento 2016 SX V6
2 Posts
I'm sorry I did not have enough explanation.
Of course, I downloaded the .exe file from Mediafire link, and I run it, and I got an error message "Unable to Download". I think kia closed the update file server.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
So you were able to download the file, but had issues when attempting to execute it? That's new even since this thread started.
Time for Kia to explain where they've 'put' the UVO server!

-----------------
Yup, I'm seeing the same thing now with my own local copy of the *.exe.

·
Registered
'15 Kia Sedona SX
103 Posts
Ah. And the file that you posted is gone as well (or otherwise was not working for folks, maybe VIN issues)?

Just checking

*I* updated my 2015 a long time ago: a friend just bought a new 2016 (yes--brand new, on lot a LONG time) an is ticked off that *I*have carplay and he can't seem to get it.

Oh, and thanks for your efforts and response!

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
That file had to work in conjunction with the UVO web site. It was an executable that made contact with Kia to pull down the new firmware onto the card. So not sure why you can't get the *.exe, but now it wouldn't have helped in any case.

Kia needs to explain what their plan is.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts