Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 KIA Sorento EX 2.0 T-GDI
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I was dreaming to have a bigger screen size and wanted my radio to support carplay and android auto.
I bought used OEM Infinity radio from Ebay and tried to plug it in. But when I tried to turn it on it had black screen, but button back lights were on. I also noticed, that a new navigation menu (an arrow) appeared on my dashboard and Sirius XM logo design also changed to newer one (it used to be an old logo with dog before)

Photo 1: underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/siriusxm_logo.gif
photo 2: photos.app.goo.gl/8LkXTYNLvfqajWTV6
photo 3: photos.app.goo.gl/VGX6UnE5BTRyHi8GA

Video: youtu.be/SfJGhT2cfxs

I heard that there might be some kind of VIN lock or something like that. May be it can be programmed or anything else can be done to make it work. Do you have any ideas how to deal with that? Please help!

Attachments

·
Registered
17' Sorento SXL V6 AWD, 14' Mazda6 GT w/ Tech, 16 Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory, 14' BMW S1000R
828 Posts
So harness connected? You might be missing the GPS antenna/connector and SD card. Show us the back of the connector panels of both units side by side

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So harness connected? You might be missing the GPS antenna/connector and SD card. Show us the back of the connector panels of both units side by side
Hi. Everything is connected. Yes, GPS antenna is missing and radio antenna needs adapter. SD card is in there. Harness is connected. And it opened new navigation menu on dashboard. But screen is black. Check the photos

Attachments

·
Registered
17' Sorento SXL V6 AWD, 14' Mazda6 GT w/ Tech, 16 Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory, 14' BMW S1000R
828 Posts
Ask a dealer but looks like it needs the antenna to work. From the panels, they differ substantially. There might be more connectors needed.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX Turbo AWD (sold)
772 Posts
This has been covered in an older thread. That head unit will not work in your car. Your car doesn't have the compatible harnesses or the Infinity 11 channel digital amplifier that is required for everything to work. Do yourself favor, list it on eBay and try to recoup what you paid for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anybody know if another no-infinity radio will work? I just want original radio with apple carplay support

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you finally install your Radio? I would really appreciate any feedback you can give me :) because I’m about to buy the same OEM radio that you shows in the images, but I prefer hear some feedbacks and knows if is it recommended before spend my money.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2017 and Kia Optima SW 2017
2 Posts
Hi guys,

I am from Europe, Portugal, I have a Kia Sorento 2017 with the radio Wince. I always found the radio poor in terms of image quality and interface, for the car that deserved the best radio. so I finally got to buy an infinity oem radio with the 8" screen. It turns out that the two things that don't work, the sound and gps, I thought the sdcard I had on the other radio worked. The chips fit perfectly into the infinity radio but Sound won't work Just change a wire will work, or infinity need amplify to give sound Can someone help me?

Thanks

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2017 and Kia Optima SW 2017
2 Posts
Hi guys,

I am from Europe, Portugal, I have a Kia Sorento 2017 with the radio Wince. I always found the radio poor in terms of image quality and interface, for the car that deserved the best radio. so I finally got to buy an infinity oem radio with the 8" screen. It turns out that the two things that don't work, the sound and gps, I thought the sdcard I had on the other radio worked. The chips fit perfectly into the infinity radio but Sound won't work Just change a wire will work, or infinity need amplify to give sound Can someone help me?

Thanks

Radio that came with car

Radio infinity

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan, 17 Ford Edge Sport, 15 Mustang, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,729 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
897 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks
I'm a little confused -- have not seen a Kia with a WinCE radio from the factory before.
That said, the factory Infinity system DOES need an amp. It sits under the passenger seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts