Kia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2016 kia sedona
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inm an attempt to replace my low beam headlamp for my Sedona, 2 of the tabs of the lamp socket have broken off and now the socket needs to be replaced. Calling Kia resulted in no answer from the parts department that could help...
They report that the socket may be part of the lamp assembly and cannot be replaced independently, only by purchasing a new lamp.
I have attempted to remove the headlamp and get some better room to fix it, but am still baffled on how to remove the headlamp to get enough room.
I have seen plenty of youtube videos on people explaining how, but yet to see it actually done.
Anyone that can help?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,758 Posts
PM @cobra259 and he will confirm what part is available and the best price.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,693 Posts
Kia does not sell the socket separately. Your headlight bulb sits inside the headlamp assy. Does your look like this?

·
Super Moderator
4,693 Posts
If Your sure you need a socket, then the only way is a new headlamp assy...

·
Registered
2016 kia sedona
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These are the piece I need...
There are 4 small tabs that grab hold to the back of the lens housing and keep the bulb in....Mine has 3 of the 4 broken.
I dont know if perhaps these are universal and available elsewhere?
Lastly, can anyone confirm that I can actually take out the headlamp without having to drop the bumper?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,693 Posts
Give me the last 8 of your vin#, I'll see what I can do....

·
Super Moderator
4,693 Posts
The only thing sold separately it the dust cap. When you take the dust cap off, that's where the bulb and plug/socket are.
If that's the case, then its either a new headlamp or a used one. Sorry.

·
Registered
2016 kia sedona
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kia knew they had problem with connector and put out new part.
Wow... Thank you, I knew I could not be the only person. Damn shame I have to do it myself, I doubt Kia will replace the part under my warranty...figure Im on my own with the bulb....

·
Super Moderator
4,693 Posts
92170-A9000FFF, the part# you need is only $5.00. Any Kia dealership can order for you...

·
Registered
2016 kia sedona
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
92170-A9000FFF, the part# you need is only $5.00. Any Kia dealership can order for you...
Thanks,, now on to the labor.....
Can anyone confirm that I do not have to drop the bumper to remove the headlamp so it can be worked on??
Lots of you tube videos with people talking about it, but none actually performing it.

·
Registered
2016 Sedona LX
43 Posts
There is a thread somewhere about converting to HID bulbs and he had the bumper off do do it. from what little looking I have done the bumper may have to come off. I will head over and find it and get it linked here

·
Registered
2016 kia sedona
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the help here...
The good news is the dealership will handle the TSB and replace both sockets. I guess this concern is rarely seen as I had to show the tech the outline of the TSB and what part was actually broken. I am located in Missouri where plastics stay pretty well, but I lived in AZ for the last 20 years where plastics are toast after 5 years.
No doubt the AZ dealers have seen this concern frequently.
What I do find comical is the cost of the replacement part at just 5 dollars versus the purchase of an entire headlamp assembly. No doubt kia had no intention of making these at all until this became a problem within the warranty periods.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts