Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sedona LX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I know the front end noise on Sedonas is a known problem. I've tried narrowing down what the problem might be by reviewing other posts here, but I just can't figure this one out. I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out with some direction. Here's what I have:

The noise is really faint, but definitely noticeable. I have about 70k miles on the van. It started around 60k. It was quite a bit quieter, but is alittel more distinct now. I don't think you'd be able to pick it up with a video though.

Its almost like a grinding + growling noise in one. Its deep/base, more that a light/sharp noise. It only happens when moving. I can put the van in neutral when moving, and rev the engine and it will not increase or decrease the noise. It happens when moving whether or not I'm pushing on the gas (i.e. giving gas and going more or less quickly with the transmission in any gear doesn't necessarily increase or decrease the noise). When going over normal road 'bumps' (not actual bumps but just normal variances in the road) is when it's most noticeable. In a perfect world with a perfectly flat terrain I don't know that it would make much noise.

Any help? Springs? Motor mounts? Joints?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2016 Sedona LX
43 Posts
bearings. on a flat open road with as little traffic as you can get it to be. gently swerve in and out of the lane a few times to load and unload each side and see if it changes. there are videos online about finding wheel bearing noises.

Reactions: s2srea

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sedona LX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sir. I'll test that out tomorrow. My wife just said it's when you dip (say out of a parking lot) and when she turns.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sedona SX-L
45 Posts
Thank you sir. I'll test that out tomorrow. My wife just said it's when you dip (say out of a parking lot) and when she turns.
I have the same thing only it was the motor/transmission mounts. I got 2 opinions from two different places and the consensus was bad motor/tranny mounts. Had them replaced and the noise went away. The noise at startup sounded like a whining/grinding noise. After it warmed up the sound would disappear for the most part.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sedona SX
6 Posts
I had the same issue...nailed down the engine mount issue from this forum, and waiting on parts for the fix. Apparently one of the mounts is on backorder due to so many issues with them. I'll report back once fixed.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sedona LX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the same issue...nailed down the engine mount issue from this forum, and waiting on parts for the fix. Apparently one of the mounts is on backorder due to so many issues with them. I'll report back once fixed.
Thank you. I absolutely believe it's an engine or transmission mount as well. Did you order from Kia or aftermarket?

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sedona SX
6 Posts
I got my mounts replaced - it's night and day now. Much of the vibration, especially on engine startup, has completely disappeared.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts