Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve taken it to the dealer 3x as it’s still under warranty but they “can’t find anything wrong with it.” It’s over 100* here and I have 3 kids in car seats who overheat very quickly.
AC has become more noisy. Started a few months ago that it would intermittently be less cool. Now it’s a daily problem where it is either mildly cool or just blows hot. Sometimes it’ll blow hot for an entire trip, other times it’ll have dramatic temperature changes, going from cold to hot.
At this moment, we are paying for a rental out of pocket bc Kia won’t foot the bill until they can verify it’s covered under warranty. They say they can’t reproduce the problem and can’t find anything wrong with it. I’m just at a loss here and seriously considering trading it in for a different make

·
Registered
19 Posts
Buy a thermometer to measure the temperature of the air coming out of the vent, take a video of it when the AC is blowing cold, and also when it's not blowing cold and show it to them. If they don't do anything about it, post it to Kia USA's Facebook page and get them involved.

·
Registered
83 Posts
In Volvo land, that has to do with a weak/malfunctioning electro-magnetic clutch engagement (the clutch gap gets too large). Typically works till it gets too hot, then cooling cycles back and forth but, overall, blows warm to hot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts