Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
UAE, 2016 Rio 1.6L
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Kia Rio (auto transmission)

So recently I've noticed every other day that after driving for a while, the display on the screen does not show which gear I'm in. I can continue driving normal, but the moment I need reverse, I'm unable to. I move into 'R' gear but the car wont move at all. I can move the gear back to 'D' and the car would again drive normally, but it just wouldn't reverse. If I move to 'P' then I'm unable to change the gear after at all.

I can immediately restart the car and everything would go back to normal and I would be able to reverse. So this issue happens after I'm driving the car for a while and then I see the display suddenly not showing which gear I'm in and that subsequently means the car does not go into reverse gear.

Anyone know what the issue is? I'm worried this might be a major issue.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,614 Posts
2016 Kia Rio (auto transmission)

So recently I've noticed every other day that after driving for a while, the display on the screen does not show which gear I'm in. I can continue driving normal, but the moment I need reverse, I'm unable to. I move into 'R' gear but the car wont move at all. I can move the gear back to 'D' and the car would again drive normally, but it just wouldn't reverse. If I move to 'P' then I'm unable to change the gear after at all.

I can immediately restart the car and everything would go back to normal and I would be able to reverse. So this issue happens after I'm driving the car for a while and then I see the display suddenly not showing which gear I'm in and that subsequently means the car does not go into reverse gear.

Anyone know what the issue is? I'm worried this might be a major issue.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

Reactions: kakrikakri
1 - 2 of 2 Posts