Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Rio, 2016, EX trim
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Trying to install my dashkit from Metra (Part # 99-7368HG) and it requires me to remove the hazard/passenger airbag switch from the factory dashkit. I'm having a very hard time getting it out and have slightly cracked it doing so. I'm ordering a repacement one but was wondering if it is safe to start the car or drive without it plugged in. It's a 16 pin connector that's square-ish and not a thin vertical rectangle like I've seen many have where it's only the hazard. There's a decent illustration of what it looks like if you look at the instructions for the new dashkit on Metra's website.

Thank you!

·
Registered
Kia Rio 2013 auto
48 Posts
Without the Hazard switch I don't think you have and turn signals. I replaced my OEM radio and and dash kit, however did not has issues removing the components. I used a DeWalt impact on the low setting. The passenger airbag switch is much like the hazards, and needs to be connected to complete the system and function. If your airbag system detects multiple faults it will stay lit up on dash until a check is ran at factory. If you need more help just reply

·
Registered
Kia Rio, 2016, EX trim
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Without the Hazard switch I don't think you have and turn signals. I replaced my OEM radio and and dash kit, however did not has issues removing the components. I used a DeWalt impact on the low setting. The passenger airbag switch is much like the hazards, and needs to be connected to complete the system and function. If your airbag system detects multiple faults it will stay lit up on dash until a check is ran at factory. If you need more help just reply
Thanks for the reply. Ultimately I ended up prying out some of the 6 clips holding it in place (mine does NOT have screws). I ordered a new one online to replace it. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts