Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Picanto 1.2ex
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Im new here. Has anyone ever added cruise control to these models? And is it just a matter of buying the steering controls and installing them?

Anyone that has done it, what is the process?

Thanks in advance everyone

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Sedan Auto 1.6 Turbo
213 Posts
Hey guys

Im new here. Has anyone ever added cruise control to these models? And is it just a matter of buying the steering controls and installing them?

Anyone that has done it, what is the process?

Thanks in advance everyone

if its throttle by wire should just be plug and play.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Picanto 1.2ex
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if its throttle by wire should just be plug and play.
I also think so, but I was just hoping that someone else here has done it before that could confirm for me. Would be great.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I also think so, but I was just hoping that someone else here has done it before that could confirm for me. Would be great.

In the US we don't have a "Picante" or "Cee'd" but we have a "Rio". And I put CC on my base model Rio (1.6 GDI) simply by adding buttons. If you want I can take pictures of the Steering wheel and the plugs on the clock spring. I'm pretty sure the Picante is just a Rio and the Cee'd is like a Rio/Forte. Even though you have a different steering wheel and motor, most of the body parts are the same. (not 100% sure tho)

·
Registered
213 Posts
We can cross reference clock spring part numbers if you know what yours is to verify. And you can cross reference ECU part numbers from a CC model of the 1.2L to ensure they have the same ECU and Clock Spring.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Picanto 1.2ex
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Picanto is also known as the "Morning". Its a 3cylinder 1.2litre... see attached picture. We also get the rio, not the same though. I will also add pictures of interior and steering wheel
images (87).jpg
images (89).jpg
download (2).jpg

·
Registered
2016 Kia Picanto 1.2ex
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We can cross reference clock spring part numbers if you know what yours is to verify. And you can cross reference ECU part numbers from a CC model of the 1.2L to ensure they have the same ECU and Clock Spring.
Ok so what should I look for and where?

·
Registered
2016 Kia Picanto 1.2ex
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The previous post pictures are actually the ones WITH cc...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts