Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Soul + 2.0 liter
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 2016 Kia Soul. I love the car but have had trouble with it. The car broke down on us so we had it towed to our mechanic. The catalytic converter was clogged and had to be replaced. After we had the car back for a short period of time it broke down again. Again we towed it to the mechanic. We have to have the engine replaced because of the damage that was done from the converter being clogged.

I did research and found that there is a recall for the same problem for the 2016 Kia Soul with a 1.6 liter engine. I contacted the company and was told they can’t do anything since my engine is a 2.0. I am wondering how many more of the 2.0 have to break down before they decide to recall it too.

We have been without a car for a few months now, while we try to save the money to have the work done. I just don’t understand if the recall on the 1.6 is for the exact same issue why the 2.0 shouldn’t be covered also.

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,844 Posts
I did research and found that there is a recall for the same problem for the 2016 Kia Soul with a 1.6 liter engine. I contacted the company and was told they can’t do anything since my engine is a 2.0. I am wondering how many more of the 2.0 have to break down before they decide to recall it too.

We have been without a car for a few months now, while we try to save the money to have the work done. I just don’t understand if the recall on the 1.6 is for the exact same issue why the 2.0 shouldn’t be covered also.
What is the issue with your 2.0 that makes it exactly the same as the issue on the 1.6 ?

What's the mileage?
What's the service history - oil and filter change intervals?

Reactions: Lou O.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Soul + 2.0 liter
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a recall in the 1.6 because the catalytic converter clogged and causes engine failure.
The car has 130,000 miles in it, most of which is highway miles.

We have had the oil and filter changes around every 7,000 miles.

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,844 Posts
There is a recall in the 1.6 because the catalytic converter clogged and causes engine failure.
The car has 130,000 miles in it, most of which is highway miles.

We have had the oil and filter changes around every 7,000 miles.
I haven't heard of that recall and searched but couldn't find anything - could you please post a link to the recall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts