Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About two months ago my wife was coming home from work in the sorento sxl when she started hearing a banging coming from the drivers side front suspension. She parked the car when she got home and started using our backup. I took a look at it and sure enough it wasn't just some suspension wear, the Nut that holds the strut to the strut assembly had backed completely off and the strut was bouncing free inside the coil spring. I was lucky that we caught it before it destroyed all of the threads on the strut and I was able to pull the strut out of the car and re-assemble the strut. I did have to buy a new strut mount assembly that goes on top of the spring. Just a heads up. If you hear any kind of thumping up front, look into the strut assemblies.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
About two months ago my wife was coming home from work in the sorento sxl when she started hearing a banging coming from the drivers side front suspension. She parked the car when she got home and started using our backup. I took a look at it and sure enough it wasn't just some suspension wear, the Nut that holds the strut to the strut assembly had backed completely off and the strut was bouncing free inside the coil spring. I was lucky that we caught it before it destroyed all of the threads on the strut and I was able to pull the strut out of the car and re-assemble the strut. I did have to buy a new strut mount assembly that goes on top of the spring. Just a heads up. If you hear any kind of thumping up front, look into the strut assemblies.
Thanks for the heads up....is your Sorento out of warranty?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OMG is it ever. We at 92,000 miles already. Only Powertrain left for about 3 more months. ::crying::

·
Registered
266 Posts
WOW:eek:,that is some serious cruising:auto:.Must of been a purchase when they just came out.Bought mine around 03/16, and just passed 50000klms (31000miles).Overall with that many miles, how she holding up?. I'm sure many here are curious.Do you still like it?:cool:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never drive it but my wife says it still feels new. One crazy thing was that both the brakes and tires made it to 80000 miles before I needed to replace them. So far no problem minus the freak strut problem and what I believe right now is the ac solenoid gone bad. The leather is wearing pretty well as the driver's seat still looks pretty new minus a few dye stains as we have the sxl with super light leather. All electronics have yet to have any problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts