Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I've had a 2016 Kia Sorento LX+ 2.0 Turbo for a few years. It's been great right up until 133KM. A month ago, the ABS light, traction control, and AWD light would come on in the morning, then the lights would disappear (resolve) at night when I headed home from work. Then nothing for 3 weeks, no lights on the dash. Then when we had a major snow storm, they came on again. I took it to the mechanic, and he said the code reads front right wheel speed sensor. The lights are on full time now. I am still driving it everyday. Anyone else had problems with the wheel speed sensors? Just got the tires and brake pads replaced.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,136 Posts
Make sure that when servicing your vehicle, they didn't either a) ding a tooth on the 'tone ring' (silly name, but that's what the industry uses) that provides the pulses for the sensor that senses wheel speed (not likely for your recent repair, but it happens), or in this particular case, b) that there's not an issue with the connector to the wheel speed sensor there.

It would help to know which of the two C120x codes actually popped up. Could be a C1203 or C1205.

Driving it that way is problematic since your stability control and antilock breaking depend upon that signal, and you're driving in snow where it counts even more.

·
Premium Member
2019 KIA Sorento SX - 3.3L GDi V6 - AWD
955 Posts
It might be the freezing weather causing the issue (it happened on my Sorento before).

If that's the case, it might just "fix" itself.

Richard

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,136 Posts
Even if it does, that's not acceptable. As it stands the OP risks losing stability and braking control functions at some inopportune moment. He really needs a solution before that happens.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,618 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I've had a 2016 Kia Sorento LX+ 2.0 Turbo for a few years. It's been great right up until 133KM. A month ago, the ABS light, traction control, and AWD light would come on in the morning, then the lights would disappear (resolve) at night when I headed home from work. Then nothing for 3 weeks, no lights on the dash. Then when we had a major snow storm, they came on again. I took it to the mechanic, and he said the code reads front right wheel speed sensor. The lights are on full time now. I am still driving it everyday. Anyone else had problems with the wheel speed sensors? Just got the tires and brake pads replaced.

Thanks.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts