Kia Forum banner

101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,784 Posts
njerald, I got my mirror yesterday from a 2014 Kia Optima. If you could share the Kia Tech instructions for removing the trim near the mirror, I plan on wiring it in this weekend and installing. Any tips are appreciated. My mirror came with 4 wires, grey, tan, green and black. Assuming black is ground and the others are ACC/constant and or a feed for something else.

Which wires from the Niro under the trim did you tie into and what color was ground and switched power?

Sent you a PM.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Missed my old aftermarket Sportage Center Console Tray.

Took it, shortened and sectioned it to fit in the Niro..

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/njerald/0302171359.jpg

Also want to take take the hidden center console USB charging port and bring a cable out through the center console somewhere, the cleanest and most useable way possible. I don't want a cord coming out from under the lid. My wife has wireless charging but I don't.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Since it had yellow light, I was sure it wasn't an LED. Kia advertising screw up although the manual says LED.

Replaced my map lights, license plate lights, vanity mirror lights with LEDs today.

Still waiting for the Luggage and Room Lamp LED's to arrive.

Just had a call from Kia Consumer Affairs about the map lights. He told me to take it into to a Kia dealer Service Dept.

Then he got a 3 minute blast and he ended up saying he would have to check into it further..................

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Just had a call from Kia Consumer Affairs about the map lights. He told me to take it into to a Kia dealer Service Dept.

Then he got a 3 minute blast and he ended up saying he would have to check into it further..................
The consumer affairs clown called back again. Started talking about the dome light on the mirror.......asked to talk to his supervisor.

More of the same crap...if it's not on the window sticker, it's not on the car. BS, all kinds of things on the car that aren't on the sticker.

After 5 minutes, he claimed that he was going to request the website be corrected to eliminate the LED reference.

We'll see.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Package
49 Posts
The consumer affairs clown called back again. Started talking about the dome light on the mirror.......asked to talk to his supervisor.

More of the same crap...if it's not on the window sticker, it's not on the car. BS, all kinds of things on the car that aren't on the sticker.

After 5 minutes, he claimed that he was going to request the website be corrected to eliminate the LED reference.

We'll see.
What else was on the sticker that is wrong?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Niro
26 Posts
Sorry for the ignorance, I have a Touring with the yellow map lights, those are not LED? The kia website claims the Touring comes standard with LED map lights, so this is untrue? How misleading.

The other thing I noticed in the vehicle features on the Kia website is that it says the touring and ex have a "Rear USB Power Outlet" is this the one inside the center console that is charge only or is there a USB outlet in the back somewhere that I haven't noticed? I've only seen the 115v inverter in the back.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Sorry for the ignorance, I have a Touring with the yellow map lights, those are not LED? The kia website claims the Touring comes standard with LED map lights, so this is untrue? How misleading.

The other thing I noticed in the vehicle features on the Kia website is that it says the touring and ex have a "Rear USB Power Outlet" is this the one inside the center console that is charge only or is there a USB outlet in the back somewhere that I haven't noticed? I've only seen the 115v inverter in the back.
The Map lights are not LED!!! I've replaced them initially with LEDs but they don't put out enough light so I've ordered ones with additonal LED modules installed.

Yes, the rear USB power outlet is in the center console.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Package
49 Posts
The Map lights are not LED!!! I've replaced them initially with LEDs but they don't put out enough light so I've ordered ones with additonal LED modules installed.

Yes, the rear USB power outlet is in the center console.
Would you mind posting some pics of your LED lights at night? I did this on my GMC Acadia and it is much nicer.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Would you mind posting some pics of your LED lights at night? I did this on my GMC Acadia and it is much nicer.

I'll try. Never had much success with those type of pics.

Noticed the fog lights are not the same kelvin rating as the low beam HIDs. Yellowish, like about 3800-4000K. Have you noticed that?

Bought 5000K bulbs for the fog lights. Will install whenever I get the inspiration to remove the front bumper cover.

When I do that I will also replace the wimpy horns (need to order some) and disconnect the speaker that supposedly warns pedestrians...........

Did you get your mirror installed?

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts

We'll see.

Just had a call from Kia Consumer affairs. He apologized for Kia's response on previous phone calls.

Offered me a free 3 year dealer maintence pkg. and I accepted. He will call back after setting it up and I guess mail it to me.

.......You can see the chrome lower window moldings in my signature pic.

Cool.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage EX
172 Posts
njerald, do you have the wheel offset specs of your 18" wheels on the Niro? I was wondering if I could swap my '12 Sportage rims on a Niro with no problem. IIRC the 18" Sportage rims are +40 offset. I just bought new Nitto 421Q tires and are rated for 75,000 miles and I'd prefer to keep them on a new vehicle if I buy and I prefer the 18" Sportage rims to the ones on the Niro Touring.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
njerald, do you have the wheel offset specs of your 18" wheels on the Niro? I was wondering if I could swap my '12 Sportage rims on a Niro with no problem. IIRC the 18" Sportage rims are +40 offset. I just bought new Nitto 421Q tires and are rated for 75,000 miles and I'd prefer to keep them on a new vehicle if I buy and I prefer the 18" Sportage rims to the ones on the Niro Touring.

No I don't. Would have liked to have kept my 18" Chrome Sorento wheels that I had on my '12 Sportage.

Still have my OEM '12 Sportage Wheels....

·
Registered
2012 Sportage EX
172 Posts
No I don't. Would have liked to have kept my 18" Chrome Sorento wheels that I had on my '12 Sportage.

Still have my OEM '12 Sportage Wheels....
If you are ever bored enough to see if the '12 Sportage 18"s will fit the Niro that would be cool. Also snap a few pics to see what I would expect it to look like. ::CHEERS::

·
Registered
2012 Sportage EX
172 Posts
Talked to another salesman one town away not purposely but through the email I called the idiot internet salesrep as she never quoted me a price and for some reason the True Car app didn't give me a price and said take the certificate to the dealer. Well she was looking up a price, put me on hold and then had some shady salesman just take over and try to sell me on the phone. He told me the doc fees are "the lowest in SW Florida at $599" and was proud of that. I even told him after some online research doc fees should be from $100-$400 and anything more means the dealer is just padding the price.

One other rep from a different dealer quoted me through the true car app saying the FE model is a low price of (get this) $31278 after addendum fees. I think she has the model mixed up as that is the price of the top of the line Touring model. I told her about her mixup and she is sticking to this as the price for the FE model even after I pointed out the FE has a MSRP of $22890. I really should call her department manager to make sure she isn't giving out bad information to other customers and get a gift card for this BS.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Talked to another salesman one town away not purposely but through the email I called the idiot internet salesrep as she never quoted me a price and for some reason the True Car app didn't give me a price and said take the certificate to the dealer. Well she was looking up a price, put me on hold and then had some shady salesman just take over and try to sell me on the phone. He told me the doc fees are "the lowest in SW Florida at $599" and was proud of that. I even told him after some online research doc fees should be from $100-$400 and anything more means the dealer is just padding the price.

One other rep from a different dealer quoted me through the true car app saying the FE model is a low price of (get this) $31278 after addendum fees. I think she has the model mixed up as that is the price of the top of the line Touring model. I told her about her mixup and she is sticking to this as the price for the FE model even after I pointed out the FE has a MSRP of $22890. I really should call her department manager to make sure she isn't giving out bad information to other customers and get a gift card for this BS.

That's why I NEVER talk to dealers or salesmen until I go to pick up the car. It's just a frustrating waste of time...............

The Niro like all my cars purchased was done electronically, now thru text and email and earlier by fax and email.

I just checked truecar in my area and the quoted price is $330 less than MSRP and we have 22 Niros in stock within 50 miles of my home, according to Kia.com Inventory,

Kia is supplying the whole world out of one factory and they haven't made it to Canada yet.

You either have to wait for the inventory to build up, find a local dealer who wants to sell cars or go out of the area if you want the best deal.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Back of the Vehicle

The rear end of my '12 Sportage stayed reasonably clean even after driving in the rain. I rarely used the rear wiper.

Have you noticed that the back end of the Niro attracts road scum like crazy even when dry?

After washing and waxing, driving just 25 miles leaves a significant buildup on the rear window, hatch and bumper while the fron and car sides are clean...

Probably a result of maximizing the aerodynamics, Cd of the vehicle.

·
Registered
Niro 2017
5 Posts
I have a touring and have not been able to activate the coasting guide. You have to be using the Nav, but in the couple of times I've used it the coasting guide hasn't turned on. FYI, it comes off as a default you need to turn it on. Also the 18in rim tires don't coast that well so I'm not sure how useful it would be. I don't think we see when the predictive energy control is working.

If you are able to activate it let me know cause I am curious.
I went into the settings and enabled the audible alert. It is a faint double chime. When I heard it, I finally saw where the Coast Icon displays on the instrument cluster.

Attachments

101 - 120 of 121 Posts