Kia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,784 Posts
My local salesman said they would be for sale at the US dealers in about 2 weeks.....

A car carrier from Korea is due in to the port tonight. I will check for the Niro's manana.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,530 Posts
Niro FE - $22,890
Niro LX - $23,200
Niro EX - $25,700
Niro Touring - $29,650
Destination - $895

All models: Auroa Black/snow white pearl paint - $395 (included in Touring Launch Edition

Touring: Advance Tech Pack - $1,900
- HID headlights
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB )
- Forward Collision Warning System (FCWS)
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)
- Smart Cruise Control (SCC)
- 110V inverter
- Wireless phone charger

EX: Sunroof Advanced Tech Pack - $2,300
- Power tilt/slide Sunroof
- 10-way Power driver's seat with 2-way power lumbar support

EX: Touring Launch Edition - $2,300
- Unique Hyper Gray 18-in. alloy wheels with P225/45R18 tires
- Snow White Pearl or Aurora Black Pearl exterior paint color
- Unique Metallic color grille insert
- Unique Black colored roof rails
- 8-in. LCD touch screen navigation display (AVN 4.0)
- Harmon Kardon Premium audio system with 8 speakers, external amplifier and subwoofer
- UVO eServices Infotainment System with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay smartphone integration
- 10-way Power driver's seat with lumbar control
- Charcoal cloth and leather seat trim

LX: Advanced Tech Pack - $1,450
- Leather wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Front fog lights

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Niro FE - $22,890
Niro LX - $23,200
Niro EX - $25,700
Niro Touring - $29,650
Destination - $895

All models: Auroa Black/snow white pearl paint - $395 (included in Touring Launch Edition

Touring: Advance Tech Pack - $1,900
- HID headlights
- 110V inverter
- Wireless phone charger

EX: Sunroof Advanced Tech Pack - $2,300
- Power tilt/slide Sunroof
- 10-way Power driver's seat with 2-way power lumbar support

EX: Touring Launch Edition - $2,300
- Unique Hyper Gray 18-in. alloy wheels with P225/45R18 tires
- Snow White Pearl or Aurora Black Pearl exterior paint color
- Unique Metallic color grille insert
- Unique Black colored roof rails
- 8-in. LCD touch screen navigation display (AVN 4.0)
- Harmon Kardon Premium audio system with 8 speakers, external amplifier and subwoofer
- UVO eServices Infotainment System with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay smartphone integration
- 10-way Power driver's seat with lumbar control
- Charcoal cloth and leather seat trim

LX: Advanced Tech Pack - $1,450
- Leather wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Front fog lights

2017 Kia Niro Pricing (US)

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Moderator: How about alphabetizing the Niro Forum rather than stick it at the bottom of the list?????????????????

·
Registered
SPORTAGE EX
47 Posts
It's OK

I saw one in person at a local stealership in Florida.
The interior and size is nice but I'm wasn't too crazy about the front, it looked really cheap.
Also, it had sensors all around (front and back)
And the trunk area had a decent size as well.

The seating was comfortable and the rear seats had enough space for a tall person (knees not hitting the front seat).

The size of the Niro is about the size of the previous version of the Prius. Decent size for my taste.

The one I saw was not for sale nor had a sale price, however it had some button in Korean just below the radio.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Updated Specs, Features, Pricing

Kia Motors America Newsroom

Looks like if I buy one that I have to install another Homelink mirror...

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Just Bought One..

Test drove an EX model today.

Very quiet, not as quick as the Sportage but accelerated fine up a long steep hill.

Bought one on the Internet tonite but it is 200 miles away.

Touring model with Tech Pkg, Cargo Mat, Cargo Net, Carpeted floor mats and wheel locks.

Blue with Grey interior/blue accents/stitching.

$32,775 MSRP > 31,550 - 400 military cash back = $31,150 +tax, fess, license.

I another few months they should be $500-600 less.

I don't pick up until Tuesday.

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,530 Posts
congrats njerald, you can now give us first hand feedback. Are you still keeping the Sportage?

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
congrats njerald, you can now give us first hand feedback. Are you still keeping the Sportage?
No, it will be traded in or sold private party. Only has 26,000 miles on it.........

Thanks.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage EX
172 Posts

How did you get a brand new model under MSRP? Where I live in Florida, the dealerships are quoting the MSRP as $24,060 and not $22,890 for the FE model. Seems they are ripping people off before they even get to the showroom. I am going by their online best bottom dollar price.

Plus the MSRP doesn't include the $899.99 destination charge either.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage EX
172 Posts
1) Can you choose to drive strictly on the electric motor or is it regulated by the speed you are driving when the gas engine turns on?

2) Regarding the regenerative braking, if you are a hyper miler like I am and rarely use the brakes until coming to a complete stop (I have mastered the art of coasting) will the act of coasting have any positive effect on recharging the battery or just not draining the battery? Basically I am asking if hyper mileing in the Niro is wasted since you get more bang for the buck by just braking normally?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
How did you get a brand new model under MSRP? Where I live in Florida, the dealerships are quoting the MSRP as $24,060 and not $22,890 for the FE model. Seems they are ripping people off before they even get to the showroom. I am going by their online best bottom dollar price.

Plus the MSRP doesn't include the $899.99 destination charge either.
My MSRP include destination.

I use truecar.com as a starting point to deal with truecar dealers. Found the unit I was interested in, 1 locally and 1 in Oregon. The local dealer wanted $2000 over MSRP but I could deal with the OR dealer.

Car is all prepped for me to pick up tomorrow morning. Could have done little better if I had been willing to settle for a charcoal interior.

Could have waited another 3-6 months and saved an additional $500..............

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
1) Can you choose to drive strictly on the electric motor or is it regulated by the speed you are driving when the gas engine turns on?

2) Regarding the regenerative braking, if you are a hyper miler like I am and rarely use the brakes until coming to a complete stop (I have mastered the art of coasting) will the act of coasting have any positive effect on recharging the battery or just not draining the battery? Basically I am asking if hyper mileing in the Niro is wasted since you get more bang for the buck by just braking normally?

Thanks
A Explanation from a Canadian newspaper.............

Technology:

Kia’s new Eco-DAS (Driver Assistance System) features Coasting Guide, which advises the driver on when to coast and brake.

Predictive Energy Control, meanwhile, uses the nav system and cruise control to anticipate topographical changes on the road ahead to manage energy flow, determining when it’s best to recharge the battery and when its best to expend stored energy to optimize efficiency.

Eco-DAS, however, is only available on the Niro’s highest trim level, the SX Touring.

·
Registered
2017 Niro
26 Posts
I have a touring and have not been able to activate the coasting guide. You have to be using the Nav, but in the couple of times I've used it the coasting guide hasn't turned on. FYI, it comes off as a default you need to turn it on. Also the 18in rim tires don't coast that well so I'm not sure how useful it would be. I don't think we see when the predictive energy control is working.

If you are able to activate it let me know cause I am curious.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
I have a touring and have not been able to activate the coasting guide. You have to be using the Nav, but in the couple of times I've used it the coasting guide hasn't turned on. FYI, it comes off as a default you need to turn it on. Also the 18in rim tires don't coast that well so I'm not sure how useful it would be. I don't think we see when the predictive energy control is working.

If you are able to activate it let me know cause I am curious.
I will try the next time I drive it. I haven't looked at the manuals yets. Got the radio set up, phones next and then menus, UVO and ANdroidAuto.

Put 180 hwy miles on it today (65-75mph) and it was an indicated 37.9 mpg. My 2012 Sportage got 29.9 indicated on the same route but it was always 1.8-1.9 mpg too optimistic.

Interesting to see the gas engine go down when coasting and energy going into the battery.

Sometimes the energy is going back into the battery at partial throttle and sometimes the elecrtic motor is assisting. Could be hill climbing/descending....hard to watch and study when driving.

My wife (not techy) was worried about a hybrid but it really is seamless as she found out the few miles she drove it.

It's her ride...I'm happy with my two 289 V8's.

·
Registered
2017 Niro
26 Posts
It is seamless. The only time I've felt it isn't is when stopping and accelerating right after, it almost jerks. Even if accelerating calmly. But if you stop, let the foot off the brake for half a second or so, and then accelerate it doesn't do this.

I've gotten 45-48 mpg in 145~ish miles in mostly city driving. I think with the 16 in rims and some Michellin energy saver tires I would easily get 50+mpg for my specific type of driving. (so tempted to try this haha)

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage EX AWD & 2015 Kia Sedona
28 Posts
In reading up on the Niro, I see that for the hybrid, the mileage for city is is actually better than highway mileage opposite of regular gas engines. I assume the battery is used most of the time in stop and go and slower city driving, whereas the gas engine kicks in more for the higher speed highway miles. Still the 37.9 you got is 10+ better than what the Sportage is rated for.

I, who am shopping, would like one of these but will probably wind up in the Sportage because I live in a winter area and the Niro is light and FWD only. If we get much snow, or even in black ice conditions, I worry how the FWD Niro would react compared to an AWD Sportage.

... still researching tho

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage EX AWD & 2015 Kia Sedona
28 Posts
Test drove an EX model today.

Very quiet, not as quick as the Sportage but accelerated fine up a long steep hill.

Bought one on the Internet tonite but it is 200 miles away.

Touring model with Tech Pkg, Cargo Mat, Cargo Net, Carpeted floor mats and wheel locks.

I another few months they should be $500-600 less.

I don't pick up until Tuesday.

Any concern about driving in snowy/icy conditions?

41 - 60 of 121 Posts