Kia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sorento 2.2 CRDi AWD 7 seater
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Anyone else who thinks suspension is harsh?
So, I just got mine today, a 2016 model. I purchased it unseen, and have never tried a Sorento before. But according to many reviews the suspension is said to be soft, and comfy.. I love the car, but the suspension is really hard, especially at the rear. I always glide along, and don't need it to be sporty, so I thouth it would be perfect. But now I'm thinking about googling for softer absorbers or springs.. coming from a really comfy 17'Optima, I thouth this one would be even better, but no, The Sorento is a bumpy ride..
Could it be the automatic adjusters for different loads?
Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX Turbo AWD (sold)
840 Posts
I found the suspension to be marshmallow soft. It didn't take much at all to bottom out the rear suspension. The ride was compliant but not enough travel for the big dips and bumps.
Perhaps a previous owner modified the suspension for towing?

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
812 Posts
Hi guys,
Anyone else who thinks suspension is harsh?
So, I just got mine today, a 2016 model. I purchased it unseen, and have never tried a Sorento before. But according to many reviews the suspension is said to be soft, and comfy.. I love the car, but the suspension is really hard, especially at the rear. I always glide along, and don't need it to be sporty, so I thouth it would be perfect. But now I'm thinking about googling for softer absorbers or springs.. coming from a really comfy 17'Optima, I thouth this one would be even better, but no, The Sorento is a bumpy ride..
Could it be the automatic adjusters for different loads?
Thanks
Your car must be modified in some way as the Sorento is known for a soft suspension and I can tell you that our 2018 is almost too soft but not to the point of trying to "fix" it. Unless they put in different suspension for different countries in which case you're getting responses from the north American continent which may not be apples to apples.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX
73 Posts
What is your trim level, and wheel sizes? Sorento wheel sizes range all the way up to 20", that could definitely play a role in the ride smoothness/harshness.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe the owners before the previous owner have done something with it.

Yes, there might be area specific springs or shocks, that's a possibility. The car was bought new in Norway

About the trim level I really don't know, I don't think this car has those levels here, I think its just one model, and you choose your accessories. UM model is stated in the registration certificate.
Now it has 18" winther tires, the summer tires are on 19", so I can imagine thats even worse.

Anyway, I got an appointment with the Kia dealer to check it out, so we'll see..

Thanks for your replies and help! (y)

·
Registered
Sportage LX AWD 2014, Forte LX+ 2014
779 Posts
Did you check tire air pressure yet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, 36 psi all around.