Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Carnival YP MY16 SLi 2.2 CRDi
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently had our 120k/km service and it was noted that the lower control arm (LCA) bushes need replacing.. Unfortunately the bushes themselves cannot be replaced requiring the replacement of both LCA at a quoted cost of $900. Chose not to get them done and get a second opinion from another dealer. Second dealer have already indicated that as it’s still under warranty they should be able to swap them out at no cost. Booked in for this Thursday so we will see what they say.

My question is, just how many Km should we be getting out of these for typical driving in good roads?

·
Registered
2016 Sedona LX 110k miles, 2009 spectra Lx 192k miles
56 Posts
I would have to look at the ones on my sedona, but I have seen cracks forming on a four year old car I had awhile back, noticed it when I was doing brakes and decided to do a thorough inspection. I've only had one failure on a 14 year old buick resulting in a clunk when the brakes were applied and released.

·
Registered
2016 Sedona LX 110k miles, 2009 spectra Lx 192k miles
56 Posts
I was a little quick on the reply, I hadn't realized you were in Au, should have known that from the carnival instead of sedona :ROFLMAO:. I did find some replacement bushings on ebay over here for around 100us, would be worth a look and see if you can get the same thing over there. also, I did find a set of oem Kia control arms for around 330us on ebay

·
Registered
2015 Sedona SX-L. 2006 Acura MDX. 2002 Infiniti Q45
42 Posts
We recently had our 120k/km service and it was noted that the lower control arm (LCA) bushes need replacing.. Unfortunately the bushes themselves cannot be replaced requiring the replacement of both LCA at a quoted cost of $900. Chose not to get them done and get a second opinion from another dealer. Second dealer have already indicated that as it’s still under warranty they should be able to swap them out at no cost. Booked in for this Thursday so we will see what they say.

My question is, just how many Km should we be getting out of these for typical driving in good roads?
Mine were replaced at 70k.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts