Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sedona SX-L
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an issue with my AC and took it to dealer to diagnose. They stated it needed a new fan (since high speed wasn't working) and a control module. Bought both of the items and had them installed by my mechanic. I notice my fan is not turning on. I unplugged the new fan and plugged in the old one and that one doesn't function either (it was functioning fine in low speed but not high speed). So i'm led to believe it's not the fan but rather either a relay or something else. The relays are cheap but I'd like to know if there's a way to find out if it's a relay, and if it is, is there a way to test to see which one is the culprit? There are 2 relays: 1 is listed as a "glow plug" and the other is just listed as a relay. Any advice on how to fix this issue?

·
Registered
2011 Forte SX 2.4L (thankfully MPI) A/T 144K miles
1,495 Posts
If you are going to try diagnosing this yourself, I recommend starting with the control module, because things went from bad to worse when that was installed. Hopefully you have a wiring diagram of the fans because figuring this stuff out becomes nearly impossible without one.

·
Registered
'16 Sedona SX, '09 Genesis
245 Posts
I believe the blower motor is operated by a relay and a MOSFET. Diagnostic procedure is here: Kia Sedona: Field Effect Transistor (DATC) Repair procedures - Blower - Heating,Ventilation And Air Conditioning - Kia Sedona YP Service Manual

On the control module, you might try to see if you can pull a code via this procedure: Kia Sedona: Heater & A/C Control Unit (DATC) Repair procedures - Controller - Heating,Ventilation And Air Conditioning - Kia Sedona YP Service Manual

Above assumes you are referring to the front HVAC system. If not, look on that same URL for rear HVAC system diagnostics.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sedona SX-L
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replaced this fan relay but the fan still doesn’t turn on. Any suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts