Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sportage lx awd
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Kia owners. I have a 2015 Sportage that went into limp mode on the highway a couple weeks ago. I pulled over to breakdown lane and shut off vehicle. started it back up and drove home. this happened on a Saturday. The dealers are only open till noon for service it was 230. I went in to dealer on Monday and was told to return with it on Thursday. I dropped it off Thursday and they confirmed the knock but didn't have the bearing testing tool so they me pick it up. Dealer is two miles from my house on side roads. Driving home from there,two miles thirty miles an hour top, the car completely died. Called dealer and they didn't want it towed to them, said they didn't have storage room. They suggested bringing it to another Kia dealer. It's now 530 pm and all other dealer service counters are closed. Even if I brought it to another dealer, they might of told me they can't do it right away and can't keep it there. Now waiting on original dealer to call once they have tool. Is there an actual tool or is this an excuse? I'm without a vehicle that I still owe on since I bought it used a year and a half ago. it only has 51000 miles on it.

·
Registered
2011 Forte SX 2.4L (thankfully MPI) A/T 144K miles
1,493 Posts
…. Driving home from there,two miles thirty miles an hour top, the car completely died. ...
Is the starter able to turn over (crank) the engine, or is there nothing but dimming of the lights when you try to start it? If the engine won't turn over, then call the dealer back and tell them they won't need (and can't use) the bearing check tool because the engine is seized.

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX AWD
550 Posts
It sounded like he was able to drive it home and also to the original dealer.

Do you have a SX Turbo? Limp mode would probably mean the turbo died. or the wastegate is stuck. If the engine seize, you wouldn't be able to start or drive it anywhere.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sportage lx awd
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 2.4 litre gdi engine, no turbo. This is lx model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts