Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clock had gone to --:-- and reset the stereo using the pin hole button. I did this while my sunroof was open and it stopped working. I tried the sunroof reset and nothing. I removed the overhead panel and disconnect the button and then reconnected it with the car on. This caused the sunroof and shades to close. I thought this fixed it but only open depress worked, once again getting stuck open. I had to repeat the overhead panel procedure again to get the sunroof closed. Tried another stereo reset while sunroof was closed, nothing. Now neither open or close works but at least it's closed. I tried a battery disconnect and checked the fuse, but this didn't resolve anything. I'm stuck out of warranty on my 2015 hybrid with sunroof not working. At least clock is fine, but I'll trade that back for the sunroof in a second. Any recommendations would be appreciated, would like to keep trying before bringing in for service. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone is interested, the sunroof reset eventually worked. I reset the stereo several times and was trying the sunroof reset pretty much every drive. I also had removed and checked almost every fuse in the box, which may have done something. Moral of the story is if you have a sunroof need to reset the stereo to fix the clock, keep it closed. I would go ahead and follow the stereo reset with a sunroof reset just in case.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts