Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past month my car has started burning oil really fast. About a quart every 1000 miles. Then recently it started bogging down when I hit 4k rpms. Going up a hill it will drop down to 50mph on the interstate. It takes forever to get up to speed. Whatever u do don't set the cruise it freaks out trying to keep up. I have started watching it and avoiding going to 4k rpms bc it immediately bogs down. It is shifting rough and when idling shakes a tiny bit. Driving around town going 45 it's totally fine. But don't get in a big hurry and try to pull out infront of someone. Anyone else have a similar issue?? My car has 114k miles on it and I get an oil change once a month bc of high miles driven.

·
Super Moderator
9,494 Posts
Over the past month my car has started burning oil really fast. About a quart every 1000 miles. Then recently it started bogging down when I hit 4k rpms. Going up a hill it will drop down to 50mph on the interstate. It takes forever to get up to speed. Whatever u do don't set the cruise it freaks out trying to keep up. I have started watching it and avoiding going to 4k rpms bc it immediately bogs down. It is shifting rough and when idling shakes a tiny bit. Driving around town going 45 it's totally fine. But don't get in a big hurry and try to pull out infront of someone. Anyone else have a similar issue?? My car has 114k miles on it and I get an oil change once a month bc of high miles driven.
If its burning oil it will foul the Catalytic converter, blocking the exhaust.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts