Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Rio SLS Man
103 Posts
hmmmm, that rear lower bumper looks like it was finger painted by a pre-schooler, not sure if I like the new fog surrounds but will reserve judgement until I see it in the metal. The alloy wheel design is quite nice though.

·
Registered
2014 Rio 1.25L EX Limited
45 Posts
I actually like the new rear number, but it doesn't match the upper part. Maybe different taillights would help. But we only saw 1 colour / 1 picture so far, so i'm not sure:)

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS and 09 Mitsubishi Lancer
463 Posts
Yes that rear bar not the greatest. Front is a step forward but the rear would have been best if it was left the way it was. Here is more pictures plus the updated interior:

Source: Korean Car Blog Korean Car Blog- 2015 Kia Rio Facelift

We also get 2 new colours.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I really like this design, bumper and all. Any idea when it will be available in SA?

I am going to test drive a 1.4 TEC tomorrow, but wondering if I shouldn't hold out for the Facelift.

I just found these forums when Googling for information on the 2015 Kia Rio Facelift.

B

·
Registered
2021 Kia Rio LX, 2020 Ford Escape SEL, 2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT
1,240 Posts
The interior 'upgrades' just look like a different color accent treatment to me.

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
The interior 'upgrades' just look like a different color accent treatment to me.
my point was, in Australia, we have no option of satellite radio, bigger screen, gps etc. We have a crappy small red-text screen in the premium models.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio 5-Door LX
301 Posts
I think that almost every country has something to complain about. Here in the US some would probably like to have the 3 door option. For me it is the issue with the missing power package (no power door lock and power windows) option for manual transmission. For that I envy the Canadians with their packages.

·
Registered
Kia Rio 4
4 Posts
Not sure I like the new rear bumper. Quite happy I bought mine this side of the new year. Not sure how you would be able to expose the exhaust.

·
Registered
13 Rio SLS Man
103 Posts
I saw a facelift base model on the road in Elizabeth today, chucked a screeching u turn to follow it, 5dr 1.4 with Stillwell Kia Stickers on it. I went into Newspot kia yard tonight but they didn't have any of the updates on the lot, Kia AU website has no reference to the upgrade.

·
Registered
13 Rio SLS Man
103 Posts
I saw a facelift base model on the road in Elizabeth today, chucked a screeching u turn to follow it, 5dr 1.4 with Stillwell Kia Stickers on it. I went into Newspot kia yard tonight but they didn't have any of the updates on the lot, Kia AU website has no reference to the upgrade.
Here we are 3 weeks later, im still yet to see a facelift on a dealer lot, online or even Kia AU website, WTF gives?

·
Registered
13 Rio SLS Man
103 Posts
OK, the trainspotter in me has finally found a dealer with stock. At this stage Australia only have the 1.4 lt base models. The 1.6 higher models are coming later.
Here are some differences based on a walk around-

Rio S 1.4:
New patterned cloth seat trim.
New radio with gloss black trim (square cubby hole to the LHS of radio now gone)
THAT rear bumper with inbuilt reflectors and fog light housing (not in use for AU)
New front bumper with skirts
Upper grille now has gloss black inner with silver paint surround(not chrome), and appears to no longer be functional for cooling-it contains 4 20 cent piece size holes only.
Lower grille now has larger openings with horizontal slats.
Corner (non foglight) air dams now have 2 black spears.

Rio S PREMIUM 1.4:
As above plus
Leather trimmed steering wheel and gear selector.
Cruise control
15 inch alloys
Front fog lights with silver painted spears

Now seeing the old model and new together, I think the new front bumper has the road presence I didn't even know was missing from the original. Still not decided on the back.
Cant wait to see the upper models when they arrive.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts