Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - I'm new here. I just purchased my 2015 Kia K900 V8 back in September after my father died as I needed to find a car quickly to get me through a couple fo years. It's been an awesome car and I love the V8. Definitely miss the way my BMW's would rive, but hey, in time. The only thing the car is missing is the VIP Package and I really wish it had it for the digital gauge cluster and the extended thigh support. I'm not super tall (5'10"), but those thigh extenders always make seats so much more comfortable.

So I'm writing about the horn. I'm used to loud german blaring horns and loud sirens for alarms. The kia doesn't have a very loud horn and a very wimpy beep for an alarm. Was wondering if anyone has changed their horn out, and more importantly changed their alarm horn. The only think I'm wondering is if the alarm horn module is the same module that gives the audible beep when the car is locked and unlocked, or that module plugs into it.

If anyone has done that, please let me know. I'd like to actually hear my car alarm (since my car is parked outside in the driveway) if anyone were to break in or if I need to find my car in a crowded lot.

Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
9,877 Posts
Hey guys - I'm new here. I just purchased my 2015 Kia K900 V8 back in September after my father died as I needed to find a car quickly to get me through a couple fo years. It's been an awesome car and I love the V8. Definitely miss the way my BMW's would rive, but hey, in time. The only thing the car is missing is the VIP Package and I really wish it had it for the digital gauge cluster and the extended thigh support. I'm not super tall (5'10"), but those thigh extenders always make seats so much more comfortable.

So I'm writing about the horn. I'm used to loud german blaring horns and loud sirens for alarms. The kia doesn't have a very loud horn and a very wimpy beep for an alarm. Was wondering if anyone has changed their horn out, and more importantly changed their alarm horn. The only think I'm wondering is if the alarm horn module is the same module that gives the audible beep when the car is locked and unlocked, or that module plugs into it.

If anyone has done that, please let me know. I'd like to actually hear my car alarm (since my car is parked outside in the driveway) if anyone were to break in or if I need to find my car in a crowded lot.

Thanks guys!
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your Profile/Account Details

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts