Kia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2015 Kia Cerato
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I own a 2015 Kia Cerato (Forte in the US) Sedan, the car has been treated very well, and has done 58,000kms.

For some time now (approx. a year) I have been hearing a rumbling or rattling noise coming from the rear of the car. As it is under warranty (until early next year - hence I have been trying to resolve the issue prior) I took it to Kia a while ago to get them to investigate and resolve it, however they claimed that upon test drive they could not hear anything, and advised me if it continued to return and they would investigate it further.

Sure enough, the noise persisted, and I came back to them two months afterwards. I have been clear that the noise appears to be coming from the back of the car, and provided them with a video which shows the noise, however they said that upon investigation it appeared the noise was coming from the front left wheel bearing and said they would replace it - I knew this was not the case, however as it is under warranty I let them replace it. The noise is persisting, however Kia can not accurately determine the source of it. I don't know what further to do.

Since the noise has began, I have had the tyres replaced and had the car regularly serviced, so I know it is not regular road noise as such caused from tyres. The rattling noise occurs very often, although not all the time. I find it most noticeable and loud when I am driving slowly (e.g. in traffic or around back streets), although it does occur at a higher speeds (e.g. on freeway), however it usually sounds quieter at higher speeds (this may be because road noise muffles the rattling sound).

I am really hoping to have the issue resolved prior to the warranty period expiring.

Any help or suggestions would be so much appreciated!

Thank you :)

· Registered
Cerato BD sport+ Hatch 2020 my21
12 Posts
Hello!

I own a 2015 Kia Cerato (Forte in the US) Sedan, the car has been treated very well, and has done 58,000kms.

For some time now (approx. a year) I have been hearing a rumbling or rattling noise coming from the rear of the car. As it is under warranty (until early next year - hence I have been trying to resolve the issue prior) I took it to Kia a while ago to get them to investigate and resolve it, however they claimed that upon test drive they could not hear anything, and advised me if it continued to return and they would investigate it further.

Sure enough, the noise persisted, and I came back to them two months afterwards. I have been clear that the noise appears to be coming from the back of the car, and provided them with a video which shows the noise, however they said that upon investigation it appeared the noise was coming from the front left wheel bearing and said they would replace it - I knew this was not the case, however as it is under warranty I let them replace it. The noise is persisting, however Kia can not accurately determine the source of it. I don't know what further to do.

Since the noise has began, I have had the tyres replaced and had the car regularly serviced, so I know it is not regular road noise as such caused from tyres. The rattling noise occurs very often, although not all the time. I find it most noticeable and loud when I am driving slowly (e.g. in traffic or around back streets), although it does occur at a higher speeds (e.g. on freeway), however it usually sounds quieter at higher speeds (this may be because road noise muffles the rattling sound).

I am really hoping to have the issue resolved prior to the warranty period expiring.

Any help or suggestions would be so much appreciated!

Thank you :)
I assume the entire exhaust system was inspected by the dealer. Might be a loose clamp or bracket.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.