Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 KIA Sorento SX+ 7 seater
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found this video among the best at briefly explaining some of the
E services provided by UVO to U.S. customers.
For us Canadians, we appear to be out of luck. The real clue is the 1st screen shown on the Nav in the video. It has 7 icons, 5 of which relate to E Services.
Canadian car only has two of these - one for GPS info and Help.
I have been trying to find out from KIA whether any chance of Canadians getting E services as a firmware/software upgrade in future; no response as yet.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX+ V6 AWD - 2016 SX+ V6 AWD (crashed) - 2014 SX V6 AWD (sold) - 2011 EX V6 AWD (sold)
369 Posts
Even if it cannot be considered as essential, it could be nice features to have. Let us know about Kia Canada reply if there is one.

A 8 inch screen with only 2 icons, it must look kind of empty !

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX (Canada)
120 Posts
Even if it cannot be considered as essential, it could be nice features to have. Let us know about Kia Canada reply if there is one.

A 8 inch screen with only 2 icons, it must look kind of empty !
I've had to phone Kia Canada a few times and they are next to useless.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I called a week ago. No answer re E Services off the top; then put on hold while checked into. Came back stating no info and would call back. No call back received.
Dealer had said to call their "technical dept"; only phone # is so called Customer Service.
No one at the dealership had even heard of E services.
I then described some of the features to a group of salesmen and General Mgr. They were all amazed.
Have none of these folks googled 2014 Sorento ?

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX (Canada)
120 Posts
I called a week ago. No answer re E Services off the top; then put on hold while checked into. Came back stating no info and would call back. No call back received.
Dealer had said to call their "technical dept"; only phone # is so called Customer Service.
No one at the dealership had even heard of E services.
I then described some of the features to a group of salesmen and General Mgr. They were all amazed.
Have none of these folks googled 2014 Sorento ?
HAHA. My dealer was the same way. I was telling them about the features more than they were telling me. Most of them had no idea of half the stuff I was saying. Did they not get a primer from Kia Canada a few months before it arrived? Perhaps this is what we get for going with Kia, uninformed dealers. Whatever, I would have done the research regardless, but I find it funny that the customers know more than the dealer does.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got a call back from KIA Canada "Customer Service" to state no plans at this time to add E Services in Canada.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually skips over much of the Nav system functionality, only showing a few of the screens:
1. Don't see the Media screen with options including My Music, USB, Bluetooth audio
2. Don't Climate screens.(No permanent Temperature or vent displays on car)
3. Shows the "starting point" screen for E Services but doesn't demo any of them
4. Doesn't demo satelite,AM/FM functionality- touch screen buttons for saved stations
across the top of the screen.

Note for Canadian purposes
1. When UVO/Help icon is pressed, in Canada only says Help; in turn won't see E Services
2. No HD radio, largely as no HD radio stations in Canada yet.

Lastly on delivery make sure get that SD card and Nav System manual that is separate from the regular manual. At least one person on this forum did not get them and last I heard back ordered. Should have come with the car to the dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts