Kia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX V6 AWD w/Sunroof, RIDES a 2012 Suzuki GSXR 600
189 Posts
Always thought power folding side mirrors are quite useless and just drive the cost of the car up. Power lift gates are for lazy people.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento EX FWD
9 Posts
There have been a number of times I wish I had the Power Lift Gate as I walked to the car with my arms full... having to set something down on a wet parking lot so I could open the back end. :(

·
Registered
Wife- 2013 Sorento EX FWD, Me- 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
27 Posts
Always thought power folding side mirrors are quite useless and just drive the cost of the car up. Power lift gates are for lazy people.
I thought the power folding mirrors were a waste as well until we got ours. We have a tight garage and my car doesn't have the feature. My wife's Sorento does and she folds them in every time she comes home. It makes it a lot easier to walk between the two cars and now I don't need to worry about bashing the mirrors. Now it is one of the features I love about her car.

But yes, I'm not a fan of the new commercial.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
I love my power liftgate on my 06 Sedona. Can't believe it took Kia until 2014 to put this on the Sorento. It comes in handy quite frequently.

·
Registered
2011 Titanium Sorento SX - 39,000 miles since 03/2011
106 Posts
This is a great option for people that have lower back problems. I do like some of these new options... especially Google maps and the new UVO interface and larger in dash screen.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX Regency Red, 2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2011 Toyota Hiace
584 Posts
The only time i did fold the mirrors when driving was when im reversing a very tight road with a delivery van parked in it and i had nowhere to go but fold them up to have a tight squeeze out :D

·
Registered
2013 Silver Sorento EX V6AWD, 2007 Toyota Highlander V6LtdAWD, 2004 Toyota 4-Runner V6Ltd2x4
80 Posts
I had a side mirror ripped off when someone parked too close in a parking lot and their mirror took mine off...now I always fold them in to save them from being scratched as well...

These and the rear Power lift gate are a case of keeping up with and staying in front of the other car manufacturers..

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had a side mirror ripped off when someone parked too close in a parking lot and their mirror took mine off...now I always fold them in to save them from being scratched as well...

These and the rear Power lift gate are a case of keeping up with and staying in front of the other car manufacturers..
I always fold mine in too, as I lost a power mirror on my last vehicle, and that came with a $500 bill!

I actually almost went with the Veracruz because it had that lift gate back when I was looking. I am glad I went with the Sorento, but as a person with a really bad back, I welcome this feature and will be considering a trade in, also due to other new features and air conditioned seats!:p

·
Registered
106 Posts
Doesn't your SX have an air conditioned driver seat? Mine does
No, that started in 2012. I heard possible rear passenger heated seating as well in the new SXL model. That sounds nice too.... wondering what the fully loaded SXL will top out at.

What are your thoughts on the AC seat? Good feature that you use, our just a gimmick? I know my black leather gets quite toasty in the summer heat!

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
802 Posts
The cooled seats help. There's a fan under the seat that re–directs cabin air through a layer in the seat through the leather perforations.

I don't think the cooled seats can be added aftermarket but you probably could for the heated rear seats.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2003 Honda S2000
183 Posts
I think the fact that the seats are perforated make a bigger difference than the cooler. Think about it, when the seat is at it's worst the air temp in the cabin isn't exactly that great either. Tinted windows (and a front sun shade if you're facing towards the sun) are the best way to maintain seat/interior temp.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts