Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,006 Posts
Boooo to the rear end, I like the unique look of the current model.
yeah, i still like how the current sx rear end/tail lights are... it has gotten smaller with the new one... lets just wait with 2017 :p time to sell/trade it in by that time anyway... :)

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
yeah, i still like how the current sx rear end/tail lights are... it has gotten smaller with the new one... lets just wait with 2017 :p time to sell/trade it in by that time anyway... :)
Boooo to the rear end, I like the unique look of the current model.

same here, i like my current SX looks

the new one seems... a clone of the BMW rear

·
Registered
2011 KIA Optima Hybrid (Premium, Light Graphite)
187 Posts
My first question is will the new headlights with LED accents fit the 2011-13? I want em! lol

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Eeek. Those fogs and rear bumper lights are pretty unsightly.

I definitely wouldn't have bought my 2013 if it looked like that.

·
Registered
156 Posts
those reminds me of similar fog used by Toyota Prius and Ford Edge

There was a similar thread concerning this. I do think they have ruined the look. At least the Edge looks beautiful with it's lights. The SX had a perfect front and rear end. They have made a huge mistake in my opinion.

·
Registered
2015 Sedona EX - Premium Package w/ 61k miles
742 Posts
Good changes for its tail lights, headlights and its mags... no more no less...the rest is massacre.

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
Looks like there are now official pictures. Not sure if the taillights are too big, but there is something I'm not really sure about the look. I do like the 19" wheels though...

Official: The 2014 Kia Sorento | The Korean Car Blog
the new 2014 looks bland and boring, i like our current EX & SX looks better

it looks like a Ford truck

now i'm extremely glad i purchased mine the 2013 model

the 2013 VIN are so new they are not even registered yet on the Insurances network, when i went to get my insurance updated to add my 2013 Sorento

·
Registered
2014 Kia Cadenza SXL Smokey Blue/white
359 Posts
Some of the features sound nice. Hopefully the lift gate will be powered. Looks on paper don't always translate well. I'll reserve judgement until I see one up close and personal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cracks me up how in your part of the world this Sorento is described as a 2014 model. Given that it is currently mid 2012 and it this new model will be available here late 2012. At least in Australia we describe it a 2013 model which is somewhat more accurate. In 18 months when it finally is 2014, I suppose you guys will be buying and driving the 2017 model :D

I am not overly enamoured by the new light arrangement either. But I am far more interested in whats underneath.

"From the outside, it looks like a mere update of the current model. But underneath, we're expecting to find the same all-new platform that underpins Hyundai's new Santa Fe."

I am wondering what effect the change in suspension will have to towing capacity and anything else for that matter. I am really hoping this is not a backward step driven by manufacturing cost and that it switching to Santa Fe underpinnings actually adds something to the car.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
The hoodie bling aspect is cheesy. Is that really what it takes to sell cars in America these days?

Ugh....

·
Registered
2012 Rio SLi 'Latte' 6AT 1.6GDi
126 Posts
the angle of the middle picture makes it look like a range rover evoque

back of it looks like the crossover of the Audi Q7 and new Merc M-class

and the whole front end looks like an oversized Kia Koup...

thats all I can say about it!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts