Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kia is recalling 9,345 model-year 2014 versions of the Sorento crossover due to a problem with the front axle, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

The affected vehicles are front-wheel-drive versions equipped with 2.4-liter four-cylinder engines and were manufactured between Jan. 7 and March 12, 2013 (check your vehicle's build date on a sticker on the driver-side doorjamb). A manufacturing issue could cause the right front axle to fracture, resulting in a loss of power to the front wheels. This could lead to a crash.

The automaker has reported one customer complaint and 10 warranty claims related to the issue, but no accidents have been caused by the defect.

Kia will notify owners beginning in September, and dealers will replace the front axle shaft assembly for free. Owners can call Kia at 800-333-4542 or NHTSA's vehicle safety hotline at 888-327-4236 for more info.

Recall Alert: 2014 Kia Sorento - KickingTires

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,923 Posts
Important enough to be a STICKY...in the Sorento area
Dave

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento LX 2.4L
8 Posts
UVO has alerted me that this means me!
I called my dealer service and they said 4-5 hrs to do the actual work and they have all materials necessary to complete the work in-house, so I don't get stuck waiting for parts to be shipped in or something like that.
Dropping off my baby Monday morning :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
I called the dealer I purchased the vehicle from and they said they would send out letters for the recall. It is now November and I have not received any letter. Anyone else waiting?

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
I called the dealer I purchased the vehicle from and they said they would send out letters for the recall. It is now November and I have not received any letter. Anyone else waiting?
If Kia dodn't send you a recall notice then the recall does not effect your Kia. It goes by your vin#, not all 2014 Sorento's are affected by this recall. If your in the USA, you can give me your vin# and I'll double check it for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Recall date

According to the first post on the recall notice, the end date for recall is 3/12/13. My vehicle was built on 3/8/13 so it is included in the recall. Since there were less than 10,000 built before that date, I wonder what is taking so long.

A little reluctant to post my vin number. but the last few digits are 442150.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
According to the first post on the recall notice, the end date for recall is 3/12/13. My vehicle was built on 3/8/13 so it is included in the recall. Since there were less than 10,000 built before that date, I wonder what is taking so long.

A little reluctant to post my vin number. but the last few digits are 442150.
Thanks for the reply.
That vin# did not come up...you in the USA? You can send it to me in a PM if you like. I can only run USA vin#'s.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 sorento sx engine stalls

bought kia sorento sx 2013 last dec.2012..first stalled happened may 2013 at less than 20 m/hr.,i panicked at first that it took me almost one minute to turn it back on again coz it was on the drive mode..brought to the dealer,replace ipm unit,check fuse and grounds...dec.2012 stalled again less than 20m/hr.brought to the dealer and can't duplicate and have to bring it home and advise to bring it again if it happens...jan.2014 stalled again same speed,brought to the dealer gds was hook up and scan,no problems found,no codes in system..dealer said they cannot do anything else..pls advise,i'm scared for my safety and my family if somebody can rear end me.thank you.

·
Registered
2015 LX 3.3
26 Posts
I had a recall on my Subaru which took the dealer months to send me notice. Unmotivated dealer????

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
I had a recall on my Subaru which took the dealer months to send me notice. Unmotivated dealer????
Really? Recall notices don't come from any dealership, they come right for the car manufacturer.........

·
Registered
2015 LX 3.3
26 Posts
Dealer notifications about recalls

I had a Subaru which had a long standing recall order. My local dealer said the same thing and it took the better part of a year and some urging on my part before they deigned to do the (non-critical) work. Dealers do not make much, if anything, on recalls AFAIK

1 - 12 of 12 Posts