Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Just joined the forums and this is my first post!

I just bought a 2014 Sorento V6 with all the Bells and whistles. The first days of driving the car, the mileage just shocked me to the point that i was ready to sell it. As previously said, it did get better with time and usage but still is considerably higher than my 2002 silverado truck with a 5.3L. My driving is 80% city and 20% highways.

Secondly, the AC is just OK. How many of you see this cooling perfectly in 100+ degrees weather? Also, it barely keeps up at idle!

I am seriously thinking of getting rid of the oem single radiator fan and getting some super duty SPAL fans with the complete harness, the dealer actually accepted to install it for me without having to void my warranty!

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX / 2013 Chevy Equinox LT2
42 Posts
Our 2014 SX gas milage is what the sticker stated. My wife is 65% hwy -35% city and she avgs. 24.1 mpg. This past weekend we went from Las Vegas to Page, Arizona and averaged 25.2mpg 85% hwy miles.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SX- mine, 2012 Hyundai Azera- Mom's
79 Posts
Hello!

Just joined the forums and this is my first post!

I just bought a 2014 Sorento V6 with all the Bells and whistles. The first days of driving the car, the mileage just shocked me to the point that i was ready to sell it. As previously said, it did get better with time and usage but still is considerably higher than my 2002 silverado truck with a 5.3L. My driving is 80% city and 20% highways.

Secondly, the AC is just OK. How many of you see this cooling perfectly in 100+ degrees weather? Also, it barely keeps up at idle!

I am seriously thinking of getting rid of the oem single radiator fan and getting some super duty SPAL fans with the complete harness, the dealer actually accepted to install it for me without having to void my warranty!

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!
What kind of mileage are you getting, you never said.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SXL
66 Posts
I live in south Louisiana. With 100 degree temps and high humidity the SXL airconditioner set to recirc will freeze you out. My wife is driving 80% in city rush hour heavy slow interstate traffic and is averaging @ 21-24 mpg with the V6.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts