Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2014 Sorento and was interested in using my music as a feature. With up to 6,000 songs stored, this seemed like a no brainer.

Soo, I uploaded music to a flash drive and popped it into the vehicle's USB port. Works like a charm. I noticed that from there, once a song is playing, I can copy it into my music.

The problem is, why can't I upload/copy more than one song at a time? Am I really going to copy 6,000 songs one by one? I noticed on older models that there was a way to copy multiples, but this doesn't seem to be the case on the 2014.

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
as we don't know what model of Sorento you have, so what audio system are you referring too?

·
Registered
2014 Sorento LX 2.4 GDI
29 Posts
Just purchased a 2014 Sorento and was interested in using my music as a feature. With up to 6,000 songs stored, this seemed like a no brainer.

Soo, I uploaded music to a flash drive and popped it into the vehicle's USB port. Works like a charm. I noticed that from there, once a song is playing, I can copy it into my music.

The problem is, why can't I upload/copy more than one song at a time? Am I really going to copy 6,000 songs one by one? I noticed on older models that there was a way to copy multiples, but this doesn't seem to be the case on the 2014.

Am I missing something?
Are you copying songs from the flash drive, ie you are in USB mode to Jukebox?? If that is what you want to do give this a try. Info is found on page 14 of the UVO System User's Manual; "Copying song into Jukebox"

1. Press the "Menu" button.
2. Press the "Now Playing" button.
3. Press the "Edit" button.
4. Press the "Select All" button to select all the songs in the list.
5. Press the "Copy" button.

Once the copying is complete, you now can listen to the copied music in Jukebox mode.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX+ V6 AWD - 2016 SX+ V6 AWD (crashed) - 2014 SX V6 AWD (sold) - 2011 EX V6 AWD (sold)
369 Posts
What is the memory size available for My Music system ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I have an SX Sorento 2014.

I tried the menu> now playing thing, but NOW PLAYING is never an option when playing through the USB.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
Sorry, I have an SX Sorento 2014.

I tried the menu> now playing thing, but NOW PLAYING is never an option when playing through the USB.
that's great but I guess you didn't read my signature, then we won't have to ask again :D
also it helps to know where your located as in this case we don't know whether you are in the US or Canada, as the vehicles are not necessary equipped the same. I presume you have the navigation system.

I have the regular UVO system, you should be able to add multiply tracks as I can do that on mine up to the capacity of the jukebox (which on my version is only 700 mb), so only able to get and few hundred tracks on it. Not sure if they have increased the capacity in this regard for the 2014 version, but the NAV setup could be different.

I downloaded the 2014 NAV owners manual and now I see what you mean, UVO calls the storage JUKEBOX, but in the NAV its referred to as MY MUSIC. Sorry that's a different set up to my system, so can't help you. Call your dealer or KIA Motors and ask them.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SXL
162 Posts
I noticed in the Sorento brochure on the UVO info page near the middle on the far right side is lists what features are available with the UVO eService vs the UVO eService w/Voice-command. The Digital Jukebox is only listed as available on the standard UVO eService and not the voice-command. So the way I read that is on the SX and SXL or LX/EX with the Touring Package the Digital Jukebox is not available. Which is odd. Since I am planning to get an SX or SXL I would of liked that feature. Unless i'm totally reading wrong.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what I've found so far, you can COPY songs over, but it has to be one at a time. Which seems ludicrous considering all the bells and whistles.

·
Registered
2016 KIA Sorento SX+ 7 seater
547 Posts
I have a Canadian SX that I just picked up. It appears that what the LX UVO refers to as a Jukebox, in the SX is referred to as "My Music". It appears to have just under 1 GIG of space as displayed a number in the 950 meg range as I recall when copied 1st song from USB drive. The "Digital Nav System" is very skimpy on "My Music"; a section how how to delete files but little on copying file to My Music. I found how to copy the one you are playing from a USB but nothing on multiple file copying.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento EX
56 Posts
What is the memory size available for My Music system ?

Thanks.
Did you ever get an answer. I have 204 songs on my USB drive. Jukebox "copied " only 25, yet will play all 204 when the USB is inserted. Is 25 the Limit for "stored" songs?

·
Registered
2016 KIA Sorento SX+ 7 seater
547 Posts
When I copied my first few songs, "My Music" was saying over 900 meg left. However unless there is a firmware and/or software update, am not going to use given can only copy one at a time; unlike jukebox.
But besides that, don't see much benefit to My Music when can use a USB drive with same functionality.
Manual says not to leave it plugged in when start or stop the car due to risk of electrical surge damaging the drive. I bought a $7 drive with 4 gig; leave it plugged in all the time with no problems.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX+ V6 AWD - 2016 SX+ V6 AWD (crashed) - 2014 SX V6 AWD (sold) - 2011 EX V6 AWD (sold)
369 Posts
When I copied my first few songs, "My Music" was saying over 900 meg left. However unless there is a firmware and/or software update, am not going to use given can only copy one at a time; unlike jukebox.
But besides that, don't see much benefit to My Music when can use a USB drive with same functionality.
Manual says not to leave it plugged in when start or stop the car due to risk of electrical surge damaging the drive. I bought a $7 drive with 4 gig; leave it plugged in all the time with no problems.
Do you have artworks displaying on the radio when playing files from a USB stick like iPod do well ? If not is there a way to to it ?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Did you ever get an answer. I have 204 songs on my USB drive. Jukebox "copied " only 25, yet will play all 204 when the USB is inserted. Is 25 the Limit for "stored" songs?
No answer but read that is 1 Go and not tested since I got my Sorento. Anyway 1 Go is worth the effort.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts