Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-door, *old* 2009 Kia Rondo LX 4cyl 2.4L
492 Posts
Augh, a test drive of the new Rondo, in Texas, and it's not even going to be sold here!!!!!!!!! :eek:

;)

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh, I thought that was weird too and he's a Canadian auto journalist too :confused:

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,807 Posts
so no 2014 in USA???

It could be a good replacement of 2007 Rondo...

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX - Clear White
484 Posts
So I picked up my new EX Rondo on Saturday. Needless to say I am loving the purchase. The car rides so smooth, and the leather feels fantastic. I tested it out on the highway and I feel the car has more than enough pickup to it. Obviously if the car was fully loaded with people and cargo it could be a little more sluggish, but it's usually just me in the car anyways. Love in the interior details, even the folding mirrors when I lock the door looks classy. The chrome accents on the exterior look great, and the LED DRL's look sharp.

Overall I am very happy with this car so far, just wishing it had a sunroof (shame it didn't come on the EX, or as an option).

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
one thing I forgot to mention Neonridr when I test drove the EX, I thought the seats were very nicely bolstered and fit me great. I like the switch on the drivers door when you can turn off or on the power folding mirrors, depending on your preference.

Yes, its too bad about the sunroof, they could have offered the standard one as an option in the LX and EX.

·
Registered
'08 Kia Rondo LX V-6 5seat, '01 Honda Odyssey EX, '01 Mazda Miata, '95 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
147 Posts
Kia lost a chance to sell to us again if they do not bring this one to the USA. Wifey's 2008 Rondo LX-V6 has been a pretty good trooper so far, and would consider looking at the new model in about 2 years. Looks like the leading candidate for its replacement will be a Mazda5, which we passed over when purchasing the Rondo.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kia lost a chance to sell to us again if they do not bring this one to the USA. Wifey's 2008 Rondo LX-V6 has been a pretty good trooper so far, and would consider looking at the new model in about 2 years. Looks like the leading candidate for its replacement will be a Mazda5, which we passed over when purchasing the Rondo.
you should post this on the KIA Motors US Facebook or the KIA Motors headquarters Facebook page, it might get more attention if enough people told them.
But in retrospect maybe not then here in Canada we will end up not getting enough product :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
The leather seats feel incredible, and I love the support on my lower back. The soft leather accents on the inside of the door is nice too. Really everything about the interior of this car screams quality and not cheap. It's very stylish inside, and all the chrome accents on the exterior give it a classy feel.

I didn't know you could turn off the power mirrors, I still have to read the manual on all the options as there are buttons that I still don't know what they do. ;)

Even having LED lights on the bottoms of the side view mirrors so at night when you unlock your doors there is light shining down by your car.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't know you could turn off the power mirrors, I still have to read the manual on all the options as there are buttons that I still don't know what they do. ;)
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I did it both ways, leave it fixed in the normal position or fold-in when you turn off the ignition. Its the little toggle switch ahead of the mirror adjustment operation on the drivers door armrest. I just thought initially "this is a new switch I haven't seen before, wonder what it does" :D

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
so no 2014 in USA???

It could be a good replacement of 2007 Rondo...
The last new Rondo sold in the USA was back in 2010. Long gone in the USA!

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rondo EX Luxury
166 Posts
There's a review in The Hamilton Spectator today, but it's not online so I can't link it. Once again, dateline Galveston, Texas. Why in heaven's name would Kia showcase the car to Canadian auto reviewers in a country where it's not even on sale? Paying for a press junket equals happy reviewers???????

Anyways, the article is very complimentary for the most part. Driver had it up to 160km and felt it could go much higher. The reviewer, out of concern for young kids and dogs, wasn't happy that the second row windows go all the way down from a safety standpoint. (Wonder if there's a switch somewhere to stop that from happening.)

There's another review Kia Rondo 2014: Moins puissant, plus "all dressed" - Premiers contacts - Le Guide de l'Auto . It's in French so just click on the translate tab if you're viewing in Google. From the pic with the Texas Longhorn in the background, I'd say this was from Galveston again :lol: .

·
Registered
484 Posts
The back windows do go all the way down. The cool thing is if you have the sun shade pulled down, you can still have the back windows all the way down too.

There is a window lock button on the drivers side which will prevent the rear windows from rolling down.

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,807 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Sonata, 2008 Kia Rondo
409 Posts
anyone have fuel economy specs on the new Rondo?

·
Banned
79 Posts
There were at least 5-6 brand new 2014 Kia Rondo's at Brampton Kia this weekend, in case anyone in the area wants to check out a new Rondo, see one in person etc.

The one I looked in the window at, had the dealer price sheet on it, base price was listed at about $26,000 and 'as equipped' price was just shy of $29,000 on that particular model.

·
Registered
484 Posts
It's nice hitting almost 650km on your first tank of gas in the car. And that is with 50/50 highway/city.

And the fuel economy will only get better once the engine starts to work itself in.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts