Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 5 Door SX (Premium package)
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully there isn't already a thread on this. What are the expectations on the arrival date of the 2014 Rio? Any idea what will change? I ordered a 2013 SX in February 2013 and the dealer said it could take 2 to 5 months to arrive and it might end up being a 2014.

·
Registered
'12 Kia Rio LX. '11 Toyota Tacoma, '07 Honda S2000, '11 Husaberg FS570, KTM 990 Adventure
267 Posts
I ordered a 2013 SX in February 2013 and the dealer said it could take 2 to 5 months to arrive and it might end up being a 2014.
why would you wait? why not just go elsewhere and get the car you want?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 SX (w/ Nav)
28 Posts
When I was thinking about getting my car, I went to a local dealer who did not have any SX's in stock. I went to a city approx 200 kms away and they had an SX as their floor model. It was really convenient for me, because I was able to negotiate on price for something they didn't have in my hometown! I was told that it would take them "a while" at home to even get their hands on an SX, it seems that they are in short supply! Also, I have only seen one new Rio around town in the past eight months or so, and it was an EX. Good luck with getting your new car, if it were me I think I would wait for the 2014! :)

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,539 Posts
as this vehicle was brand new for 2012, I wouldn't expect much change for 2014. It will probably be out by August, September typical for the new model year.

January was the largest production for export for the Rio since its introduction.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
The 2013's came out in May of 2012. Don't know if you can expect the 2014's out that early, but the new year models seem to be coming out earlier and earlier.

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX Luxury Inferno Red
122 Posts
I would have to agree. I think any changes will be subtle. Slight refinements if you will. I wouldn't be surprised if we see the new UVO eServices in some markets. Perhaps some consistency in paddle shifters for the SX trim level.

On a similar note, the changes to the Rio's competitors has been very subtle. The Fiesta for example launched as a 2011 model, now for the 2013/14 it has a revised grill. More inline with the Focus. Otherwise it hasn't changed much. The features and interior are remain unchanged.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 5 Door SX (Premium package)
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why would you wait? why not just go elsewhere and get the car you want?
Waiting is cool. While I wait, lower insurance, no car payments, no excise tax. I have several other cars to drive while I wait. There is only one SX in the New England states and not the color I want. No interest in driving across the country looking for the car.

·
Registered
'12 Kia Rio LX. '11 Toyota Tacoma, '07 Honda S2000, '11 Husaberg FS570, KTM 990 Adventure
267 Posts
There is only one SX in the New England states and not the color I want. No interest in driving across the country looking for the car.
then use the car locator on the kia site. if you change the radius in the url to 3000 miles (whatever # you wish) you can search the entire country. i did this as well as searching autotrader, etc. many times you can find the car you want elsewhere, and most of the time negotiate a much better deal then dealing locally. i buy new vehicles every year, and i find this strategy works no matter the vehicle.

i am in ny, and went to new hampshire for my rio, because i wanted a stick, and there were none remotely close.

i have gone to ohio for other vehicles, as well as pa. fly in, drive home. easy peasy, and i save a boatload of cash.

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Accent
134 Posts
The 2013's came out in May of 2012. Don't know if you can expect the 2014's out that early, but the new year models seem to be coming out earlier and earlier.
Also, I don't think there were ANY changes between the 2013 and 2014 other than maybe paint colors. I remember seeing 2013's on dealer lots and kia.com would still let you B&P a 2013.

I wouldn't expect major changes for 2014, but I haven't heard anything official either ...

·
Registered
2013 Rio 5 EX White MT
105 Posts
I asked that question on the Kia Facebook page and they responded Fall 2013.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 Rio5 SX

I went to my local dealer and told them I wanted. I wanted a stick shift Kia Rio5. They didn't have it in stock and looked really hard for me. They found 6 SX's in a 200 mile radius 5 blue one's and 1 red one. The red one was a stick shift. I love this car. I wasn't planning on getting the SX but I'm glad I did. I love the rims!! I plan of driving this car until my daughter is old enough to drive (six more years). I highly recommend this car!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts