Kia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Pro'ceed GT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
Recently my rear speakers in my PCGT have started to rattle alot and are super annoying.
Was looking at replacing them but I just can't figure out how to remove the rear surrounding trim to get to the speakers.
Couldn't find any other threads about it either.
If anyone knows that would be great!

·
Registered
2014 Pro Cee'd GT
7 Posts
Hi Rhett, I've found the gospel of all manuals for removing every part on the Pro Cee'd Gt. Did my rear speakers last week, the factory speakers are 165mm and replaced mine with Pioneer's TS-D65F. It takes a while to navigate the site but once you get the hang of it you'll be sweet. You also won't need speaker spacers/adapters for the rear as they can screw straight on into the frame holding the speakers into place. I would also reccomend purchasing new or second hand sound deadening and placing it behind where the rear speakers "hang", made a tonne of difference and stopped the rattling sound that was in mind (most likely identical to yours). Im Brisbane based so kind of local for a Pro Cee'd owner ahaha. If you have any idea what spacers fit the front door that would make my month. I've purchased Pioneer's TS-D65C for the front doors but can't install them because the advertised speaker spacer APS295 don't fit our car :(.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Pro'ceed GT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rhett, I've found the gospel of all manuals for removing every part on the Pro Cee'd Gt. Did my rear speakers last week, the factory speakers are 165mm and replaced mine with Pioneer's TS-D65F. It takes a while to navigate the site but once you get the hang of it you'll be sweet. You also won't need speaker spacers/adapters for the rear as they can screw straight on into the frame holding the speakers into place. I would also reccomend purchasing new or second hand sound deadening and placing it behind where the rear speakers "hang", made a tonne of difference and stopped the rattling sound that was in mind (most likely identical to yours). Im Brisbane based so kind of local for a Pro Cee'd owner ahaha. If you have any idea what spacers fit the front door that would make my month. I've purchased Pioneer's TS-D65C for the front doors but can't install them because the advertised speaker spacer APS295 don't fit our car :(.

Hey mate, cheers for the help. I've got the same front speakers that you put in the rear. What I did is I removed the speaker spacer surrounding from the stock speakers.
I pretty much had to use some snippers to cut away the stock speakers and the parts holding it in. Once their all out they make perfect spacers. I just used a hot glue gun to stick the new speakers onto it. Didn't think it would hold but it's lasted about 4 months and it's still all good.

·
Registered
2014 Pro Cee'd GT
7 Posts
Hey mate, cheers for the help. I've got the same front speakers that you put in the rear. What I did is I removed the speaker spacer surrounding from the stock speakers.
I pretty much had to use some snippers to cut away the stock speakers and the parts holding it in. Once their all out they make perfect spacers. I just used a hot glue gun to stick the new speakers onto it. Didn't think it would hold but it's lasted about 4 months and it's still all good.
Great to hear! I didn’t have a hot glue gun with me but do you think screwing them in is an option or is the plastic too thin to screw into?

·
Registered
2014 Kia Pro'ceed GT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great to hear! I didn’t have a hot glue gun with me but do you think screwing them in is an option or is the plastic too thin to screw into?
Plastic is fairly hard, from memory there was no holes in it for screws and it's fairly thin, glue is probably the best option to use with this spacer. I just used hot glue gun because it was best option with what I had, and their pretty cheap from Kmart haha

·
Registered
2014 Pro Cee'd GT
7 Posts
From memory is the blue or red wire the positive connection? My multimeter can’t read anything atm lol
:/

·
Registered
2014 Pro Cee'd GT
7 Posts
Finally managed to get both doors done. Took around 5 hours ahaha. Definitely harder than changing the rear. I’ll leave the tweeters for another day but any clue on how to remove the tweeter dash covers? All the manual says to do is “remove the dash cover”. Not much help but it doesn’t seem to budge

·
Registered
2014 Kia Pro'ceed GT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally managed to get both doors done. Took around 5 hours ahaha. Definitely harder than changing the rear. I’ll leave the tweeters for another day but any clue on how to remove the tweeter dash covers? All the manual says to do is “remove the dash cover”. Not much help but it doesn’t seem to budge
Haha wow. I'm still trying to figure out how to do the rear door. Guessing you have to first take off the door trim where the seat belt is.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Pro'ceed GT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah if you follow the manual on this page linked at the bottom. It’ll show you what you need to remove, keep in mind that it’ll link you to other pages on what also needs to be removed before you take out the first panel. Basically boot forwards Kia Cee'd - Speakers Repair procedures - Audio
From what I have found I will need to remove the rear seats first yes?

·
Registered
2014 Pro Cee'd GT
7 Posts
Nah. There’s a piece each side of the boot that needs to come out, then seats (both top and bottom) then trim behind the seats on the side of the car, then finally the trim with the speakers behind it :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts