Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I see they are showing 26MPG as being the best you can get out of the 4cyl.

That's a hell of a lot closer to reality than the adjusted numbers for the 2013.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
I see they are showing 26MPG as being the best you can get out of the 4cyl.

That's a hell of a lot closer to reality than the adjusted numbers for the 2013.
And worse than my ACTUAL mileage on an AWD V6. *shrug*

·
Registered
2011 Sorento AWD V6 SX Cherry Black
231 Posts
I believe that the "new" 3.3 V6 is actually the same engine that Hyundia has been usiing for the past year or two in the Assura. Same HP rating and not even 20HP over our current V6. I guess by combining them into one V6 they will same $$$. I hope that the 3.3 is really as powerful and torquey as the current 3.5 where the rubber meets the road. I found the 3.5 V6 to be a wonderfully powerful, trouble free, high reving engine. I can just dream of the added HP it would have had if they GDI'd it.
Though we have currently 2 large 2013 auto shows here ( in WDC and Baltimore) neither have a 2014 Sorento-/ Santa Fa 7 passenger or the 2014 Corvette- on display really pis... me off.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
I believe that the "new" 3.3 V6 is actually the same engine that Hyundia has been usiing for the past year or two in the Assura. Same HP rating and not even 20HP over our current V6. I guess by combining them into one V6 they will same $$$. I hope that the 3.3 is really as powerful and torquey as the current 3.5 where the rubber meets the road. I found the 3.5 V6 to be a wonderfully powerful, trouble free, high reving engine. I can just dream of the added HP it would have had if they GDI'd it.
Though we have currently 2 large 2013 auto shows here ( in WDC and Baltimore) neither have a 2014 Sorento-/ Santa Fa 7 passenger or the 2014 Corvette- on display really pis... me off.
I'm heading to the Toronto Auto Show and am really hoping they have atleast one new Sorento on display. Ford had their new Escape on display there last year before they even hit the showrooms so I have high hopes for the Sorento.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
I'm heading to the Toronto Auto Show and am really hoping they have atleast one new Sorento on display. Ford had their new Escape on display there last year before they even hit the showrooms so I have high hopes for the Sorento.
I'm heading to the show as well, I have been informed that the 2014 Sorento, Forte and Rondo will be at least on display as well as other models. Kia Canada is suppose to give a complete list on their Facebook page before the show. :D

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'm heading to the show as well, I have been informed that the 2014 Sorento, Forte and Rondo will be at least on display as well as other models. Kia Canada is suppose to give a complete list on their Facebook page before the show. :D
Nice! Thanks for the headsup! I'm planning on taking the afternoon off someday between the 19th-21st. Better to go during the week rather than the weekend. Super crazy last time I went during the weekend.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Cadenza SXL, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 Hemi V8, 2002 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner V6
48 Posts
2014 Kia Sorento Overview

Can't wait to drive one.

Kipa
Can't wait to actually see one in person myself. I am in Buffalo NY this week for work, and the Buffalo Auto Show started tonight. Went to it expecting to be able to see the 2014 Sorento in person. But, to my surprise and disappointment they did not have one.

Best they had was a 2013 SX model, which was identical to my 2012 SX. When asked about details of the 2014 model, they really were not very knowledgable...just handed me an all in one brochure of the Kia lineup with a picture and limited details.

They did say however the 2014 should be in local dealer showrooms within the next 3 weeks.

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra,2008 Impala LT
98 Posts
Really changed the standards-options on the 2014 SX compared to my 2012 SX.Heated steering wheel gone with no option,third row seats were standard now only as an option,memory drivers seat was standard now an option and panoramic sun roof was optional now standard.Replaced the 18 inch wheels with 19 inch.Some new things that are welcomed and standard and were not available on the 2012;blind spot detection system,compass added to rear view mirror,second row sun shades,power rear liftgate and 115 volt power inverter.My wifes hands were made for a heated steering wheel,have no interest in a vehicle with a sun roof and 19 inch wheels,well I am ready to ditch the 18 inchers for 17s right now!Was faintly interested in a new 2014 SX now not even on the wire!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Really changed the standards-options on the 2014 SX compared to my 2012 SX.Heated steering wheel gone with no option,third row seats were standard now only as an option,memory drivers seat was standard now an option and panoramic sun roof was optional now standard.Replaced the 18 inch wheels with 19 inch.Some new things that are welcomed and standard and were not available on the 2012;blind spot detection system,compass added to rear view mirror,second row sun shades,power rear liftgate and 115 volt power inverter.My wifes hands were made for a heated steering wheel,have no interest in a vehicle with a sun roof and 19 inch wheels,well I am ready to ditch the 18 inchers for 17s right now!Was faintly interested in a new 2014 SX now not even on the wire!
Heated steering wheel is an option. I saw the button on the SXL. You can't expect to buy a fully loaded luxury model and complain about all the high end features you get. Not interested in a vehicle with a Sunroof or 19" Wheels? Buy a LX.

Sorry to sound rude but they're making a luxury crossover here. If you complain when they put the 'luxurious' features on it, then go for a base model. From what I can tell, it's right for you.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
According to some here it's not possible to get the stated mileage on any vehicle. I guess you prove them wrong, eh?
Apparently so. Others have stated they get the advertised mileage as well. I guess we're special. You've got a grand total of 5 posts on this forum and every one is a missive about the same tired topic...your issues with the gas mileage. *yawn*

Life's too short...if it bothers you THAT much, sell your Sorento and get a Prius. :)

Best,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Apparently so. Others have stated they get the advertised mileage as well. I guess we're special. You've got a grand total of 5 posts on this forum and every one is a missive about the same tired topic...your issues with the gas mileage. *yawn*

Life's too short...if it bothers you THAT much, sell your Sorento and get a Prius. :)

Best,
Ha!

You sound like somebody who is mad that your beloved car company got caught lying. I've been that type of auto company fanboy before... I get it.

Doesn't change reality, though. They got busted for lying and unlike the fanboys with their knee pads and Listerine, I don't like being lied to.

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra,2008 Impala LT
98 Posts
Rento, your reading skills and comprehension are somewhat lacking!Try reading the post again and slow down .If a person wanted the deluxe luxury model Kia gave us the Sorento SXL which of course I never mentioned.There are many things that are a nessesity for me on the SX and surely not available on an LX.Thats why I purchased the SX versus an EX or LX,all sitting on the dealers lot for comparison and the salesman explained what optional packages could be added.Got everything on the SX as I wanted,no unnessary extras.Could be KIA did not print out the specs correctly but stated the heated steering wheel was not on the SX,but is on the SXL.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Ha!

You sound like somebody who is mad that your beloved car company got caught lying. I've been that type of auto company fanboy before... I get it.

Doesn't change reality, though. They got busted for lying and unlike the fanboys with their knee pads and Listerine, I don't like being lied to.
Fanboy? *snicker*

Lying? *snicker*

Whatever....I call 'em like I see 'em. Can't recall ever seeing someone get so angry over something so trivial. Different strokes...

You might want to just take stock in what's really important in life and move along. You've registered your complaint/whine/whatever numerous times...we get it. If it bothers you that much, apply for your gas card or whatever they're offering affected folks.

There are others here, like me, that are getting the advertised mileage. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Best,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Actually, those comments here about getting the advertised mileage aren't typically coming from peeps typically driving the units involved in this fiasco.

And as I said, there are just as many here claiming those people that claim to be getting the advertised mileage have to be lying because you never get the advertised mileage...

Like I said... Fanboys. :)

It's about more than the little gas card adjustment when you're charged $1500 extra for the higher efficiency engine.

Let's recap...

The EPA noted that this is the first time it has uncovered such a vast number of discrepancies in fuel economy. In fact, this sort of error has only been found twice in the past 12 years -- and even then, the investigations affected just one vehicle at a time. The EPA also said that its investigation is ongoing and refused to indicate whether Hyundai and Kia might be fined or slapped with criminal charges.

Not everybody is going to bend over and take it. :)

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Not everybody is going to bend over and take it. :)
ORLY? Let me know how that works out for ya. I'm just amazed that anyone (not you in particular) would have so little else going on in their life that they could be bothered to get riled up about something so completely trivial. Having even MORE free time to spend yapping with some shyster to "do something about it" makes me jealous and makes me laugh all at once. Where do you guys find the time? Seriously. But hey...that's just me.

Also let me know how anyone would have thought it would be a good idea to put a 4cyl wheezer with PEAK 169ft/lbs of torque into a 4000lb automobile. If it sounds too good to be true....

Best,

·
Registered
9 Posts
ORLY? Let me know how that works out for ya. I'm just amazed that anyone (not you in particular) would have so little else going on in their life that they could be bothered to get riled up about something so completely trivial. Having even MORE free time to spend yapping with some shyster to "do something about it" makes me jealous and makes me laugh all at once. Where do you guys find the time? Seriously. But hey...that's just me.

Also let me know how anyone would have thought it would be a good idea to put a 4cyl wheezer with PEAK 169ft/lbs of torque into a 4000lb automobile. If it sounds too good to be true....

Best,
Ha! You're in this thing hook, line, and sinker!

I'm betting that in your world, the fact that we are where we are today with this has nothing to do with valid consumer complaints and everything to do with KIA calling the EPA and blowing the whistle on themselves and then begging the EPA to step up and hold them accountable for their false claims. lol!

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Ha! You're in this thing hook, line, and sinker!

I'm betting that in your world, the fact that we are where we are today with this has nothing to do with valid consumer complaints and everything to do with KIA calling the EPA and blowing the whistle on themselves and then begging the EPA to step up and hold them accountable for their false claims. lol!
OK, you can have the last word. I've got real stuff to do. In my world, a few hundred bucks a year one way or the other spent on gas is statistical noise.

*yawn*

Best,

·
Registered
2011 Sorento AWD V6 SX Cherry Black
231 Posts
Very easy to beat the highway EPA mileage standard for the V6 AWD. Most of us get between 26-28MPG(US) at 70-80mph on roads between NY- WDC. Very happy with the mileage and high performance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts