Kia Forum banner

2014 Kia Sportage front passenger window - no up

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Beasler 
#1 ·
My wife has a 2014 Kia Sportage and has an issue with her passenger side front window, it will go down but will not go up.

After removing the door panel, I’ve removed the plug from the motor and put a multimeter on to check I’m getting a voltage. I’m getting 12v on both sides of the switch from both the drivers side switch and the passenger side.
I got a cheap second motor from a scrappy to check if it’s the motor, no joy! . checked the motor with a cordless battery and it runs both ways fine. So With motor connected and the car switch supply connected I checked the voltage when again. The voltage seems to drop down to o.2v when I switch to go up? No issues on the down I get 12v and the motor runs.

am I missing something because I’m lost here and just can’t figure out what it could be?

Any advice would be appreciated

#3 ·
I'm not very familiar with the Sportage window circuits but this sounds like a relay with some internal corrosion. It can supply 12V when there is no current through it but once there is a current draw the resistance is so high the voltage drops to nearly 0. Do you know if there is a separate relay for up vs. down?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.