Kia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happened twice, and I am not sure what to do. I just got my 2014 Kia Soul, and it has stalled twice on me. Once in a parking lot, and once at at a red light. I do not want to cause an accident. Is there anything that can be done to fix why it is stalling? I do not want to be a hazard on the road. Has there been a recall? I had it checked and everything was running fine. I feel like I am going crazy.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Soul
15 Posts
for my 2012 Soul, I just got back from the mechanic that has had it since yesterday morning.
he and his #1 drove it 50 miles and let it idle for hours and hours and found NOTHING that could have caused the stalling and no-go situation.
he will continue to run diagnostics today and his #1 mechanic will take it to lunch here shortly.
he said "honestly, I would not feel comfortable giving it back to you now with the possibility of it happening again" in the most inopportune time. (such as a crowded intersection).
I was wondering if anyone else experienced the same situation - such as Dan, the O/P here.

·
Registered
Sportage LX AWD 2014, Forte LX+ 2014
926 Posts
Have your mech clean MAP sensor. I had similar issue with Forte, cleaning MAP solved it. The issue resurfaced a year after 1st occurrence and second MAP cleaning fixed it again.
So far running fine for another year.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Soul
15 Posts
I've cleaned and replaced the MAP sensor on other vehicles myself.
hopefully, this was in his diagnostics (I will be sure to ask) - if not, I will clean it myself when I get it home.
thanks for the input !!

·
Registered
2012 Kia Soul
15 Posts
I just had another thought while looking at YT problems . . . .
this is my wife's car. she was on her way to work. now, I was wondering if she stopped for gas and didn't tighten the gas cap down far enough and she said no . . . . so that eliminates the gas cap issue.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Soul
15 Posts
I put the Kia BACK in the shop today.
Cat Converter and both sensors need to be replaced.
the car will be up FOR SALE come Friday morning. . . . I'll never have another KIA for as long as I live.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul ! (Exclaim) fully loaded, bought it new.
1 Posts
Have been having the same with our 2014 Soul Exclaim, 101k miles, just 1k miles past the warranty, of course. We had it happen multiple times. Brought it to the dealer to read the codes, but the car had not stored the codes for some odd reason. Then it happened again, restarted it, and the tach was reading zero and the stabilizing control light was on. So without shutting it off headed straight to the dealer, did not turn it off, they hooked up the computer again, and this time the codes were stored. The dealer just called and it turned out to be a crank shaft sensor. About $400 and we get it back later today. Ugh! What an unnerving ordeal it has been.

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2014
1 Posts
This has happened twice, and I am not sure what to do. I just got my 2014 Kia Soul, and it has stalled twice on me. Once in a parking lot, and once at at a red light. I do not want to cause an accident. Is there anything that can be done to fix why it is stalling? I do not want to be a hazard on the road. Has there been a recall? I had it checked and everything was running fine. I feel like I am going crazy.
I've been having the same issues and had to take it to the dealership 3 times before they told me the problem is the crankshaft position sensor which is only covered in the warranty for the first 5 years or 60,000 miles. My car is 68,000 miles so I got screwed. You should be covered if you are under the 5 year or 60,000 but not sure what you have if you bought it used or new. My car is a 2014 Kia Soul. When taking it to the mechanic, makes sure you let it idle so it can lose power right before the mechanic takes it so the problem will show up on the diagnostic report. If not, you will be wasting time and money like me because they apparently don't know how to diagnose anything anymore without a computer. Hope this helps!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts