Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up new Sorento last night and love everything with the exception of radio sound quality. Vocals sound as if they are coming out of an old AM transistor radio. Instrumental seems OK. I have performed all necessary settings on the menu(surround sound off). Do others think I have some sort of issue that should be looked at(sub woofer not working?) or is it really this bad?

·
Registered
2009 KIA Optima LX
36 Posts
I used to be a service technician for KIA Motors Inc. I never really found the stereo system in the Sorento to have bad quality. Easy thing to do would be to go up to KIA and compare your sound system with another sorento (same year/model).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Plano. That's the plan. When I tested the vehicle I never noticed it but wasn't focusing on it either. With 10 Infinity speakers, I think something is not transmitting

·
Registered
2009 KIA Optima LX
36 Posts
Thanks, Plano. That's the plan. When I tested the vehicle I never noticed it but wasn't focusing on it either. With 10 Infinity speakers, I think something is not transmitting
I can understand your frustration. You just bought a brand new vehicle and are not impressed with the sound system.

I would definitely either...

a.) take it to the dealer and have a service technician look it over and see what he says.

b.) drive up to any KIA dealer and compare your speakers with another Sorento (same year & model).

What's funny is I just purchased a 2009 KIA Optima LX. The only thing I really didn't test out was the speakers. I just had the volume set really low and they sounded fine. It wasn't after I had purchased the vehicle and on the way home I turned up the volume a lot louder and noticed extreme distortion coming from both tweeters. Brought the vehicle back the next day and had the tech look it over. Ended up ordering me two brand new tweeters covered 100% under warranty. Can't beat that :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree, the sound quality is not what I expected from a car with so many Infinity speakers. However, a lot of the sound quality depends on the source -- FM Radio, Sirius Radio, iPod, CD, etc. I found that sound quality is the best with surround sound on, and with the balance/fader adjusted such that the sound appears to be coming from the center of the cabin just behind the driver's head (it may take some time to get it just right).

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Infinity sound in my new SXL model is amazing. Haven't even monkeyed with any of the settings yet and it sounds great. The bass is awesome.:D

·
Registered
427 Posts
I agree with Crayz, I normally upgrade the stock stereos on my vehicles, but this system sounds so good and gets so loud, I have no plans to mess with it. FYI, I have surround on and bass/mid/treble set to +1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts