Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Ceed 4 2014
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm wanting to install an under-seat sub in my 2014 Kia Ceed 4, and to do so I will need to tap into the speaker cables in the back of the head unit. (I would post an image but this is my first post!)

Does anybody know how I remove the piano black trim that surrounds the head unit and start/stop button?

As a side question, does anybody know if I can obtain a very short extender for the harness on the radio, so that I can splice the cables on that rather than the original cables? I always like to be able to easily revert to stock.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd 2015
1 Posts
Hello,

I am bit desperate. I am trying to fix or replace damaged AUX-USB panel in Kia Ceed.

The root cause is broken JACK connector in AUX port. The tip of the JACK connector is stucked in AUX. I tried to remove it, but without success. Therefore I would like to replace it. But first, I need to know I am able to do it myself.

I started to remove plastic parts around center console. In fact, I followed this procedure:
Kia Cee'd - Floor Console Assembly Repair procedures - Floor Console (kceed DOT com)

I am stuck in point 4: After loosening the mounting screws, then remove the console tray (A).

I am not able to get out the console tray. 2 screws removed, then I unclipped the tray on the driver side, but I failed to unclip/detach it on the front passenger side. In fact, it seems to be different clipping mechanism, which I guess might not be design for unclipping.

Question: Has anybody experience in removing the tray? If yes, could you describe how?

BR,
Jan

P.S.: I tried to attach a few pictures to this post, but I am not allowed to that yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts