Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX+ V6 AWD - 2016 SX+ V6 AWD (crashed) - 2014 SX V6 AWD (sold) - 2011 EX V6 AWD (sold)
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Is there anyone in this forum who currently own a 2014 Canadian Sorento SX V6 AWD ?

I am on the way to buy one and would have several questions.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX (Canada)
120 Posts
Hello,

Is there anyone in this forum who currently own a 2014 Canadian Sorento SX V6 AWD ?

I am on the way to buy one and would have several questions.

Thanks.
I should pick mine up tomorrow or Friday... haha. Are you on your way to buy one out the door kind of deal? :confused:

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX+ V6 AWD - 2016 SX+ V6 AWD (crashed) - 2014 SX V6 AWD (sold) - 2011 EX V6 AWD (sold)
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good news.

Try to end a deal on my Sorento 2011 trade in value and for a sale price discount.

I do not know if you could reply to these questions right now (or when you will get your Sorento) because I read some contradictions about it :

- Is the navigation system includes UVO and eServices (which can be used with mobile phone app) like in US ?

- Are both front seats cooled seats or only the driver seat ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX (Canada)
120 Posts
Good news.

Try to end a deal on my Sorento 2011 trade in value and for a sale price discount.

I do not know if you could reply to these questions right now (or when you will get your Sorento) because I read some contradictions about it :

- Is the navigation system includes UVO and eServices (which can be used with mobile phone app) like in US ?

- Are both front seats cooled seats or only the driver seat ?

Thanks.
I believe the nav is UVO and eServices, but I will double check when I see my vehicle.

As for the seats, both front seats are cooled for sure.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick reply.

Please let me know about these questions and your first feedbacks when you will be the proud new owner of your Sorento ;)

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,526 Posts
Goose38 - you can download the owners manual for the 2014 Sorento and Nav eService quick start guides and full owners manuals too, all free from KGIS.

here's a sample of the Quick Start Guide with Navigation eService

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks conwelpic. I will have look at the KGIS and the quick start guide you linked.

I phoned to Kia Canada and they told me that :

- the navigation system includes UVO but not eServices (not available in Canada) and that French voice recognition should be available but not for now (not a problem for you guys)

- both front seats are cooled

- blindspot detection is included

Bye.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Goose38 - you can download the owners manual for the 2014 Sorento and Nav eService quick start guides and full owners manuals too, all free from KGIS.
I already have a KGIS account but when connected/resgitered I see all information but I am not able to get access (click) to any link with Google Chrome, somehow better with Internet Explorer (got the mechnaical manual but not the owners one).

Is there any plugin needed to have full functionality ?

Conwelpic would you be nice enough to link the 2014 Sorento owners manual (English or even better French or both :D).

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I should pick mine up tomorrow or Friday... haha. Are you on your way to buy one out the door kind of deal? :confused:
Curious too : what kind of deal/discount you got ? You can send me a private message if needed.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I already have a KGIS account but when connected/resgitered I see all information but I am not able to get access (click) to any link with Google Chrome, somehow better with Internet Explorer (got the mechnaical manual but not the owners one).

Is there any plugin needed to have full functionality ?

Conwelpic would you be nice enough to link the 2014 Sorento owners manual (English or even better French or both :D).

Thanks a lot.
Finally found the manuals on the US KGIS and not the canadian one and using Internet Explorer and not Google Chrome !

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe the nav is UVO and eServices, but I will double check when I see my vehicle.

As for the seats, both front seats are cooled for sure.
I've finally seen a 2014 Sorento SX and no indication of UVO and eServices on it !

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Unfortunately have not seen it on. I went inside the car butdidn't have any key !

So what I saw is no UVO or eServices signs/logos on the nav system (externally speaking).

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX (Canada)
120 Posts
Unfortunately have not seen it on. I went inside the car butdidn't have any key !

So what I saw is no UVO or eServices signs/logos on the nav system (externally speaking).
Yeah, I can confirm this. Pretty much the same as the states minus the eServices stuff. ALSO! The SD Card for the navigation doesn't ship with the vehicle apparently and comes separately to the dealer, so they have to wait until they get those in... so for now, I don't have any navigation! :huh:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congratulations for your new SX ! Pictures (inside and outside) ? First impressions ?

From what you said, I undertand that the radio/navigation system is 1) a new one (compared to previous SX models) and 2) the radio/navigation is UVO but not eServices compatible ?

No SD Card, so no maps and no navigation, kind of weired ! Hope you won't have to wait too long.

Does it also mean that we will have to go to the dealer each time for a map update ?

In US, they have a dedicated website for UVO and eServices with personal registration where you seem to have all support and updates.

Still a shame that in Canada we do not have all these services !

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX (Canada)
120 Posts
Congratulations for your new SX ! Pictures (inside and outside) ? First impressions ?

From what you said, I undertand that the radio/navigation system is 1) a new one (compared to previous SX models) and 2) the radio/navigation is UVO but not eServices compatible ?

No SD Card, so no maps and no navigation, kind of weired ! Hope you won't have to wait too long.

Does it also mean that we will have to go to the dealer each time for a map update ?

In US, they have a dedicated website for UVO and eServices with personal registration where you seem to have all support and updates.

Still a shame that in Canada we do not have all these services !
We won't have to go to the dealer. You can go to https://www.mapnsoft.com/ca/kia/ when they become available. As for system updates, I have no idea. I've emailed Kia Canada to see if there will be access for us to the American site or not, but I'm guessing not, we shall see.

Yeah, I hope the SD card comes soon. They think it got lost in transit. Oh well, I won't have to pay for it when it comes I guess.

I think it is UVO without eServices, even if it doesn't have the eServices. Everything else looks the same as the US version. It seems like the voice recognition works better than the old nav system from Kia did. My forte voice recognition was absolutely useless, but this one picked out a name in my phonebook fairly effortlessly.

I'll snap some pictures tonight, try to get some day/night shots...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finally made the move and should receive my 2014 SX by next week.

Few more questions :

1) Do someone get the chance to find some crossbars that fit on it ?

2) Does the blind spot detection system detect cars only on the side of the vehicle or even from the back (when exiting a parking space for example) ?

3) Moodib, did you get your navigation map ? What does the map look like (up to date) and the nav system by itself (convenient to use) ?

4) I have 17" oem Kia alloy rim from my 2011 Sorento that I used during winter with winter tires : do you think it will fit on my 2014 SX ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX (Canada)
120 Posts
Finally made the move and should receive my 2014 SX by next week.

Few more questions :

1) Do someone get the chance to find some crossbars that fit on it ?

2) Does the blind spot detection system detect cars only on the side of the vehicle or even from the back (when exiting a parking space for example) ?

3) Moodib, did you get your navigation map ? What does the map look like (up to date) and the nav system by itself (convenient to use) ?

4) I have 17" oem Kia alloy rim from my 2011 Sorento that I used during winter with winter tires : do you think it will fit on my 2014 SX ?

Thanks.
1) I'm not sure, I haven't looked into this yet.

2) According to the manual, it does have rear cross traffic alert. They don't advertise it though. I haven't really had it work though...but haven't been in too many lots yet. In theory, it should detect a couple car lengths away though.

3) Thanks for reminding me to phone the dealer. It has been about 10 days.

4) I'm not sure, just ask the dealer on that one.

Update: Called the dealership and they said the earliest they can order one is maybe the end of April, which makes it arrive here in May. Going to call around to different Kia dealers and see what they can do. Kia Canada was pretty much useless on the issue. Make sure the SD card is in the vehicle before you take delivery, otherwise tell them you want $3k off the price of the vehicle in my opinion.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for replies and tips.

Does it mean that navigation map SD card has to remain in the slot all time to work ? I thought that the SD card was only used to load maps in the system and can be removed.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts